Survey: What Are Your Most Popular Cakes?

Decorating By LaSombra Updated 4 Sep 2007 , 7:52pm by lynseyg2002

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 4:44pm
post #1 of 5

I'm interested to see what are people's most popular cakes? With weddings, it seems to be pretty popular to get the plain fondant with ribbon at the base of each tier...but what else is trendy with you personally or in your observation? What are your most popular cake shapes? What about cake flavors?

Please post photos or links, if you feel inclined! icon_biggrin.gif

I'm just curious because I hope I'm not missing anything and wonder if it varies from place to place and maybe each decorator has a signature design or flavor icon_smile.gif

Thanks alot. I'm also wanting to put some more things on my to-do list. Amazingly enough, since I started a to-do list, it has gotten shorter icon_smile.gif I recommend this for anyone because if someone gives me free reign on a design, I go to the to-do list and pick something out icon_smile.gif

4 replies
kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 4:56pm
post #2 of 5

My most popular flavor, for weddings, baby showers, bridal showers, etc, is White Velvet Cake (which is really just the Enhanced Cake Formula recipe from here) and my own raspberry filling at www.cakeboss.com/raspberryfilling.aspx .

Most popular design - simple 3-tiers, no decoration, and fresh flowers.

Horselady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Horselady Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 5:01pm
post #3 of 5

I do a lot of "rose baskets" with roses on top and basket weave on the bottom. I also do a lot of presant cakes....But I try to stay away from doing "same old" and I'll only do a cake if it's different...no help right?

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 5:20pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleym

My most popular flavor, for weddings, baby showers, bridal showers, etc, is White Velvet Cake (which is really just the Enhanced Cake Formula recipe from here) and my own raspberry filling at www.cakeboss.com/raspberryfilling.aspx .

Most popular design - simple 3-tiers, no decoration, and fresh flowers.

That raspberry filling sounds wonderful. Love the idea of using the razz liqueur icon_smile.gif

lynseyg2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynseyg2002 Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 7:52pm
post #5 of 5

With wedding cakes, my most popular is fruit with flowers cascading over it. with birthdays it has to be sponge with sugarpaste covering.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%