I Almost Burnt The House Down!!!!!

Decorating By starrchaser Updated 3 Nov 2006 , 11:10pm by mkolmar

starrchaser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
starrchaser Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 1:49am
post #1 of 8

Well sort of. the other day i read a post about someone puttin a pot of water on and getgtingon CC and forgetting about it while water spit everywhere. I remember thinking, " oh my...how could you do that?
icon_redface.gif well boy is my face red. yesterday i put a pot of macaronie on for macaronie and cheese (kids love it homemade) and i got on CC (just for a second icon_rolleyes.gif ) the next thing i knew the smoke detector goes off. The kids are screaming and running around like loonatics. The macaronie burnt to the bottom of my pot and of course there was no water left in it..just black goo icon_confused.gif anyway you think that would teach me a lesson...same thing happened again today. icon_redface.gif
NOTE TO SELFE: #1 no more trying to multy task while on CC
#2 get a fire safety plan and go over it with the kids. running around screaming like crazy people...not a good one icon_confused.gif

please post any similar or eaqually as horrible CC moments so i dont feel alone. And whoever posted the one earlier..sry i made fun..in my head.

7 replies
CoutureCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCake Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 4:23am
post #2 of 8

All I can say is... The fire extinguisher really DOES mean stand 6' back!

The ONLY motivation you'll ever need is if you've ever had to CLEAN after just ONE squirt of the fire extinguisher. OMG, that stuff gets EVERYWHERE and is corrosive as all get-out. Yes, I discovered the hard way "The Oven is not a secondary cake storage area when you're out of rubbermaids".

NOW, your task, to go to Menards, The Home Depot, or store of choice, and purchase 4 household fire extinguishers (ones that will put out a real fire, not just toy looking things). One for the laundry room, one for the kitchen, one for the garage, and one for your car. AND, go over the fire exit strategy with your kids and practice it.

starrchaser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
starrchaser Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 7:02pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks good advice! thumbs_up.gif

IHATEFONDANT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IHATEFONDANT Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 7:12pm
post #4 of 8

I have one of those "portable" timers..if I have something cooking and stray to the computer I set the timer..it reminds me I have somethin' cookin'!! icon_biggrin.gif

LucyintheSky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LucyintheSky Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 8:10pm
post #5 of 8

I did the same thing recently making hard-boiled eggs. I was in the living room and heard a loud popping noise and thought "oh my gosh, my eggs!". By the time I got to the pot, all 6 eggs had blown up and burned onto the pan. WHAT A MESS!! I guess we're all absentminded sometimes!

dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 8:18pm
post #6 of 8

My neice was cooking fries in a pan of grease while her mom was out. Got on the computer, forgot about the fries until flames were coming out of the kitchen. Instead of leaving the house immediatly, she puts on clothes( was wearing PJ'S), calls the neighbor, THEN the fire department.

Several years ago, my husband ran out to the store for a minute, & forgot he had tea boiling on the stove. I can in to a black cloud & my favorite pot scorched.

You are definatly not alone.

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 10:13pm
post #7 of 8

I am so glad that everyone & your house is ok.

I think there should be a rule: when multitasking, do not task on CC!! LOL!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 3 Nov 2006 , 11:10pm
post #8 of 8

I've done the same thing but I had to boil water to make a special tea for my DH, suddenly I smelt something burning, all the water evaporated out of the pot and the pot was turning brown on the bottom because of having nothing in it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%