I Have Stains On My Ka

Decorating By jibbies Updated 6 Sep 2007 , 2:41pm by Antylucifer

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 2:21am
post #1 of 7

I have two KA's a red one and a white one. I wipe them off every time I use them but my white one has developed stains that I cannot emove. icon_mad.gif
I was wondering if any one else has this problem and if you have found a way to remove them.
Jibbies

6 replies
jibbies Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 2:48am
post #2 of 7

Anybody out there?????

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 3:26am
post #3 of 7

Maybe a little bleach rubbed on with a soft paper towel might help. Or maybe a little paste made from Oxiclean.

HTH

jibbies Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 3:31am
post #4 of 7

I probably should have mentioned it but I have tried bleach and oxyclean and a paste made out of baking soda

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 11:57am
post #5 of 7

I know this is gonna sound weird
but try shampoo
im talking the cheap $1 a bottle Suave shampoo- the aloe one is the best
put a little dot of shampoo on the stain- let it sit a minute or two ( DO NOT let it dry on- it will make the stain worse) then wipe the shampoo and the stain off with a papertowel

dont ask me why but it works- Ive gotten set in hair dye stains off of bathroom sinks w/ this trick

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 1:05pm
post #6 of 7

What kind of stains are they? I know must anything will take the stains off my KA which is white. I have even used bleach.

Antylucifer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Antylucifer Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 2:41pm
post #7 of 7

How old is your KA? You might want to get in touch with their Customer Service and see what they can do. They are pretty helpful whether your mixer is under warranty or not. Also, I saw an old episode of Made in the USA, where they visited KA. It showed that the mold & paint process is some elaborate technique to ensure the paint can't be damaged in any way. If you decide to contact them, their number is 1-800-334-6889 and the web site where customer service is always on line and will answer questions pretty quickly is:

http://forum.kitchenaid.com/forums/default.asp

Good Luck.

P.S. Thanks Auryn for that shampoo tip, I had a stain on my bathroom counter that I've tried everything on-the Suave shampoo got it out this morning and you don't know how happy I am! I was actually ready to replace the countertop because it was driving me crazy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%