Cheesecake Crust Stuck!! Help!!!

Decorating By StampinLady Updated 2 Nov 2006 , 8:47pm by Chef_Stef

StampinLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StampinLady Posted 2 Nov 2006 , 7:51pm
post #1 of 7

Does anyone have any tips on getting the crust out of a springform pan? I used a chocolate wafer and butter crust -- and I took undid the latch, and tried to cut it and the bottom was stuck!!!! Do you line it with parchment paper or something? I was taking it to church and did not want them to cut my pan. I wanted to put it on a corrugated circle, but couldn't get it off. Someone please help!!

6 replies
kjenne08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjenne08 Posted 2 Nov 2006 , 8:01pm
post #2 of 7

I normally put aluminum foil on the bottom so that it extends about 3-4 inches over the edge them put the springform on then fill. In the past I have had luck removing it with a long thin frosting spatula. It might make one part a little rough looking but will get it off the pan.

Hope this helps

AnythingSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnythingSugar Posted 2 Nov 2006 , 8:01pm
post #3 of 7

I make a red velvet cheesecake with the chocolate crust and it used to always stick. I started putting parchment paper in the bottom cut to the size of the bottom of the pan. This ended my problem.

I read the other day (I don't remember who posted it, sorry) about a really great idea.
This person used a cake board the size of the pan. She covered the cake board in foil and put it in the bottom and then you had an automatic plate for the cheesecake to sit on. I thought this idea was wonderful but I haven't tried it yet. Thank you to the person who posted that!

CakemanOH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakemanOH Posted 2 Nov 2006 , 8:05pm
post #4 of 7

Yup.....I put a cake board in the bottom...comes right out every time.

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 2 Nov 2006 , 8:29pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakemanOH

Yup.....I put a cake board in the bottom...comes right out every time.

That is what I do too! I also lightly spray the board (and the sides of the pan)with Pam!

knoxcop1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knoxcop1 Posted 2 Nov 2006 , 8:40pm
post #6 of 7

I think that's my idea...the cake board covered in foil, I mean!

What I do is:

1. Trim the cake board until it slides in and out of the springform pretty easily, but still holds with the bottom.
2. Take it out and cover it with foil (heavy duty foil).
3. Place it all back into the springform.
4. Spray the pan and board as one unit with the corn oil spray.
5. Bake on about 275-290 degrees.
6. Run knife around sides of cheesecake, while still in pan.
7. Freeze the whole unit, pan and all until rock hard in freezer.
8. Remove from freezer, run hot and wet knife around edges to loosen.
9. Pop cheesecake out of pan (cardboard still attached.)
10. Using a butter knife, or cake spatula, pop cardboard off of cheesecake bottom.
11. Place cheesecake onto cakeboard--glue down with white chocolate. (Buttercream would potentially work, but it'll slide all over the place during thawing, if not kept still. So this isn't good if you have to move it frozen.)
12. VOILA'! Perfect cheesecakes every time!

HTH,
--Knox--

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 2 Nov 2006 , 8:47pm
post #7 of 7

I do the same thing...works every time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%