Tips For Dry Ingredients

Decorating By 2cakes Updated 11 Aug 2005 , 10:24pm by 2cakes

2cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2cakes Posted 21 Jul 2005 , 10:20pm
post #1 of 9

Hi everyone, I came up with an idea of how to sift your flour without getting your counter or clothes full with sifted flour. The thing that I do is take your colendar (sp) and put it over cake mixer, but first remove the attachment, then add your cup/s of flour and sift back and forth or side to side until all flour is in the mixer. You might get a few sprinkles of flour on counter and floor, but at least you have waisted all of your flour.

The other idea is when measuring your dry ingredients, I put a piece of wax paper under neath my measuring cup as I put flour or any dry ingredients into the cup and after each dry ingredients are measured, I pour back into the flour bag, containers, etc. any access of the dry ingredients that fell onto the wax paper. I make sure that I wipe the wax paper after each dry ingredients before pouring any access back into the contents.

8 replies
MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 4:33pm
post #2 of 9

Good advice..thanks for sharing! thumbs_up.gif

mommymarilyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommymarilyn Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 5:24pm
post #3 of 9

Great ideas! I'm so glad for all the helpful people on this site!

2cakes Posted 11 Aug 2005 , 4:01am
post #4 of 9

Hi MrsMissey & mommymarilyn, you are both quite welcome. I can not agree any more with CC with the many helpful people on this site. It feels nice to be able to help someone the best way we know how. It my pleasure to be that someone. Have a nice day. icon_smile.gif

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 11 Aug 2005 , 4:07am
post #5 of 9

Great tips! I'll do anything to save some ingredients & not have such a mess! Two tips in one!!

2cakes Posted 11 Aug 2005 , 4:23am
post #6 of 9

Hi tcturtleshell, you are quite welcome, my pleasure. Have a nice day. icon_smile.gif

cakegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegal Posted 11 Aug 2005 , 11:11am
post #7 of 9

I've always used the wax paper when sifting.... then what you don't use, you put back in your caniste...
icon_biggrin.gif cakegal

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 11 Aug 2005 , 11:23am
post #8 of 9

I've always done this because my Home Economics teacher taught us to do both.

Thanks for the tips and keep them coming. thumbs_up.gif

2cakes Posted 11 Aug 2005 , 10:24pm
post #9 of 9

You are both quite welcome and most definitely as I come up with an idea or tip, I'll share with everyone at CC. Wtg (way to go) cakegal with reserving the remainder of your flour, baking powder, powder sugar, etc into its canister, container or where ever dry ingredients are kept. Glad to be of help. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%