Kitchenaid Mixer Sale $99

Decorating By Lisa Updated 28 Jul 2005 , 11:36pm by Thalia

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 24 Jul 2005 , 2:25pm
post #31 of 49

I wish I could get the KA before July 31st. I've been saving for my trip to Panama City and don't want to spend any of that money.

sheilaattaway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheilaattaway Posted 24 Jul 2005 , 3:13pm
post #32 of 49

I just got mine about a month ago. There are no limits to what you can make with this baby! I burned up at least 20 hand mixers. lol I have a red KAM, love it love it love it!- but i paid more that 99 dollars , wish I could have could have found a deal like this one.

tinascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinascakes Posted 24 Jul 2005 , 3:46pm
post #33 of 49

I just ordered mine last night. Can't wait to get it!!!

GinaJuarez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GinaJuarez Posted 26 Jul 2005 , 6:51pm
post #34 of 49

There is an additional promo going on this week until July 31st. You order $150 of small appliances and you get $30 off. The promo code is SMAPPJULYBNS. I cancelled my previous order from friday and just placed a new one because it hadn't been shipped yet. I ordered the kitchenaid for $99, a bowl with a handle for 39.99, and an additional flat beater for 14.99. I did the super saving shipping for free, then typed in the promo code. I got all 3 items for $124.97!!!

The only thing is it has to be small appliances. I tried to order otehr things and it wouldn't work. Also, wouldn't work for the lids for the KA bowls, for some reason.

barbara-ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbara-ann Posted 26 Jul 2005 , 7:02pm
post #35 of 49

I noticed that this KA is only 250 watts. Is that powerful enough for mixing buttercream and royal? I would like to get this one if it is powerful enough.
Thanks

GinaJuarez Posted 26 Jul 2005 , 7:14pm
post #36 of 49

Someone had mention earlier that they often to 2 batches of stiff buttercream in this mixer.

chixbaby27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chixbaby27 Posted 26 Jul 2005 , 8:21pm
post #37 of 49

I ordered on Friday, and mine came today! It's a b-day gift for my sister who was, unfortunately, sitting at my desk when the UPS guy came in and handed it to her, LOL...of course no wrapping, just a big KA box, so she knew immediately it was for her.

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 26 Jul 2005 , 8:27pm
post #38 of 49

I'm so jealous! I ordered mine Friday morning and mine is still about 250 miles away! (atleast that's where it was at 5:40 am today...I can't stay away from that tracking feature! HEHEHE!)

GinaJuarez Posted 26 Jul 2005 , 8:35pm
post #39 of 49

chixbaby27 and MisDawn: did you use the super saving shipping, or did you pay for other shipping? Just curious, because mine wasn't even shipped (which I guess is a good thing now though)!!!

chixbaby27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chixbaby27 Posted 26 Jul 2005 , 8:35pm
post #40 of 49

i used the super saver shipping...it was free, anyway.

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 26 Jul 2005 , 8:53pm
post #41 of 49

I used the super saver...why pay for shipping when I can wait two extra days and get shipping free?!

cookiegirl333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiegirl333 Posted 26 Jul 2005 , 9:48pm
post #42 of 49

GinaJuarez
what is the order number for the bowl with handle? I did not see a 4 1/2 quart bowl with handle under accessories
thanks

bubblezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubblezmom Posted 28 Jul 2005 , 1:22pm
post #43 of 49

Thanks for the info! I was hoping to buy a KA on sale this Christmas for $200. This deal is too good to pass up.

BTW, my Black & Decker handheld has done very well mixing the frostings. I bought mine years ago and will certainly buy one again.

GinaJuarez Posted 28 Jul 2005 , 2:58pm
post #44 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiegirl333

GinaJuarez
what is the order number for the bowl with handle? I did not see a 4 1/2 quart bowl with handle under accessories
thanks

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00004SGFT/?tag=cakecentral-20

marccrand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marccrand Posted 28 Jul 2005 , 7:54pm
post #45 of 49

Thanks for the heads up, Lisa!

I've just started taking Wilton Course 1. I went shopping after the first class to price some mixers. I really wanted to buy the KA but it was just out of my league. Instead I bought a hand mixer with a stand for $35. That worked fine for the cake I made later that week, but the buttercream was another story. What a nightmare!! The next day I saw your post. After the miserable experience the night before, I was ready to trade up! It just came a few minutes ago. Now I can't wait to get it home and open it up! icon_wink.gif

Thanks to everyone who posts with questions and especially those that reply with their expertise. Even though I've never personally asked the question, I've learned a ton!

mixaleena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixaleena Posted 28 Jul 2005 , 7:58pm
post #46 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakeasyoulikeit

I should mention though that the 4.5 Qt bowl does NOT come with a handle. I had to go buy a separate bowl for mine (which was over $30) because I couldn't handle no handle. icon_smile.gif

That is my beef with this particular mixer too. I can't hold that bowl full of two cake mixes, pour and scrape all at the same time! You have to have a handle! I didn't know they made bowls with a handle for this one?

tinascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinascakes Posted 28 Jul 2005 , 8:23pm
post #47 of 49

My KA just came in today. I can't wait to use it!!!

Thalia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Thalia Posted 28 Jul 2005 , 11:28pm
post #48 of 49

I've been using a hand mixer and finally realized I needed a REAL mixer. Saw this post after I just finished purchasing on EBAY. Seller has White KA 5qt 350watt for $129.90 ..w/ship + tax $170. From research I did online for this size seemed to be very good price.

Wasn't sure if it was too big or littel for my future needs, but from reading posts here I feel confident it will be just right...at least for awhile!icon_smile.gif

Thalia

Thalia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Thalia Posted 28 Jul 2005 , 11:36pm
post #49 of 49

Should add that the mixer is factory reconditioned. From other posts on CC, people say they have not had problems with reconditioned mixers. Keeping my fingers crossedicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%