For Those Who Freeze..a Great Way To Freeze Cupcakes

Decorating By vww104 Updated 2 Nov 2006 , 3:47am by boonenati

vww104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vww104 Posted 2 Nov 2006 , 2:11am
post #1 of 4

I wanted a way to freeze cupcakes without them getting smashed in my freezer. I had an old 12 cup muffin tin, I put the cooled cupcakes into it and the entire thing fit perfectly in a 2 gallon size ziploc freezer bag. Now I need to buy some cheap muffin tins just for my freezer.

3 replies
boonenati Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boonenati Posted 2 Nov 2006 , 2:48am
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by vww104

I wanted a way to freeze cupcakes without them getting smashed in my freezer. I had an old 12 cup muffin tin, I put the cooled cupcakes into it and the entire thing fit perfectly in a 2 gallon size ziploc freezer bag. Now I need to buy some cheap muffin tins just for my freezer.

How do you usually transport your cupcakes? I bought these liners from Country Kitchen i think, that fits inside a cake box, and separates teh cupcakes from knocking into eachother. They cost about $4 for 4o r 6 of them, they're plastic and they're what i use to put my cupcakes in the freezer, i put them on there, and then wrap them with saran wrap.
cheers
Nati

vww104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vww104 Posted 2 Nov 2006 , 3:02am
post #3 of 4

I use my regular cake boxes, I cover a board or sturdy piece of cardboard with foil, then put a drop of bc icing on the bottom of each cc and they stick to the foil. My 15x15 cake boxes holds 25 cupcakes perfectly.

boonenati Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boonenati Posted 2 Nov 2006 , 3:47am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by vww104

I use my regular cake boxes, I cover a board or sturdy piece of cardboard with foil, then put a drop of bc icing on the bottom of each cc and they stick to the foil. My 15x15 cake boxes holds 25 cupcakes perfectly.

OH i was just offering you an alternetive solution for freezing your cupcakes, i have no idea how much the cupcake pans are over there (here they range between $6-$12 each for a 12 cupcake pan), and the liners are soooo much cheaper, you get 4-6 for $5 icon_wink.gif
I find them good as well for transporting as the cupcakes stay completely clean and when you're displaying them on a glass stand, this is important. Although the stand has to be completely degreased after displaying, cause the mudcake cupcakes tend to leave a big mess behind icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

oooh the joys!! hehehehee icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Nati

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%