Pumpkin Cupcakes!! And First Leaves

Decorating By TiffTurtle Updated 1 Nov 2006 , 2:47pm by denise2434

TiffTurtle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TiffTurtle Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 4:58am
post #1 of 4

I made these for my little girls 3rd grade class today..i had forgotten about them and had to bake and decorate this morning...everyone loved them though...they could have looked better , for some reason my hands were shaking so bad while i was doing them

this was also the first time that i have done leaves icon_redface.gif so question for yall...what caused my leaves to seperate at the vein part ( middle ) they didnt all do that so i dont think that it was my icing. you can see what im talking about in the second pic.

so tell me what yall think and what could be done better/ different?

thanks bunches yall!!
LL
LL

3 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 10:45am
post #2 of 4

It looks like you are using a 67 tip to do your leaves. Sometimes a lump of sugar or meringue powder gets stuck behind one of the tips, leaving an opening. Remember to check your openings when you see that your tip is not piping correctly.

Other times, the tip closes up during handling. There should be a very fine space between the teeth on the tip, which allows for the creation of the vein.

Most decorators today use the 352 tip, or one of it's smaller counterparts.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

jjs1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjs1227 Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 2:37pm
post #3 of 4

those cupcakes are great! Sorry I cant help you with your leaf problem because I the same one at least yours look nice and pointy mine end up square as well icon_lol.gif when I asked the same question I was given the same advice 352 tip, I'm defanitly going to have to go out and pick one up. I love the little vines sooo cute!! Great Job on such short notice!

denise2434 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denise2434 Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 2:47pm
post #4 of 4

Those are so cute Tiff!! Great job!! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%