Cupcake Idea

Decorating By cakes4you Updated 2 Nov 2006 , 8:18pm by noreen816

cakes4you Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes4you Posted 31 Oct 2006 , 11:22pm
post #1 of 16

I have a job where a client wants 75 cupcakes. I want to do them with a more elegant tone. It is for a Christmas business party. Does anyone have any ideas for decoration with a Christmas theme for cupcakes? Thanks.

K

15 replies
dydemus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dydemus Posted 31 Oct 2006 , 11:29pm
post #2 of 16

Poinsettias?

Tiffysma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffysma Posted 31 Oct 2006 , 11:30pm
post #3 of 16

Here's a recipe for Red Velvet cupcakes with White Chocolate Peppermint Buttercream Frosting that is really good. I made a cake like this last Christmas with royal icing poinsettias on top.

http://www.cakemixdoctor.com/recipe/pagemaker.cgi?1116515745.txt

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 31 Oct 2006 , 11:34pm
post #4 of 16

The poinsettia tutorial on here would be really nice and elegant.

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 31 Oct 2006 , 11:42pm
post #5 of 16

a simple shimmery RI snowflake would be very elegant!

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 12:37am
post #6 of 16

Nice Ideas, Bet the snowflakes would be nice but time consuming, isn't everything that's nice? Anyway, how much do you charge per cupcake like that?

socake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
socake Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 8:08am
post #7 of 16

You could put christmas chocolate dipped strawberries on the top. I saw these strawberries somewhere on the internet and Iwanted to make them then and there!!

I have also saved these othe christmas cupcake ideas but I'm not sure where they are from (some are more for kids but fun anyway!)
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 8:19am
post #8 of 16

I think the RI snowflakes would make them look really elegant plus putting some shimmer on the bc icing too. It would be less expensive than buying and dipping strawberries in choc in the middle of the winter. Look at some of emmascakes for the snowflakes...

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 8:23am
post #9 of 16

The RI snowflake ideas sounds really nice and would look really elegant if it had some shimmer.
Socakes -those cupcakes are so cute. Might give them a try this Christmas

socake Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 8:33am
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundine2

It would be less expensive than buying and dipping strawberries in choc in the middle of the winter. ...

I never thought of that! It is summer at christmas in Australia and there are loads of strawberries around!!!

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 12:02pm
post #11 of 16

What cute cupcakes I love the reindeer..............You do an excellent job of piping.

socake Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 12:09pm
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by debster

What cute cupcakes I love the reindeer..............You do an excellent job of piping.

None of these are done by me! I saved them to my favourites from somewhere on the internet! I think they were from www.fredsbakery.com and one from www.fantacy cakes.com.au.

CranberryClo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CranberryClo Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 12:21pm
post #13 of 16

Not to toot my own horn, but I have cupcakes in my photos that might fit the bill. I just piped royal icing snowflakes and sprinkled with cake sparkles (I think that's what they're called), while still wet. Then put them on blue icing and voila. Next time I would use darker blue for a more elegant look, but that blue was the blue that was asked for.

Good luck!

finnox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
finnox Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 10:17pm
post #14 of 16

wow socake those are awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 2 Nov 2006 , 8:03pm
post #15 of 16

I really like the ones socake put up there........with the gold zig zagged kinda christmas tree!! REally eleagant as far as I'm concerned.....but I do agree the whole snowflake thing would be very eleagant too.....maybe a mix of the two..the gold tree and sparkling snowflakes two different kinds

noreen816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noreen816 Posted 2 Nov 2006 , 8:18pm
post #16 of 16

What about doing the cupcakes as christmas ornaments? Someone had posted a picture of them on here somewhere, or you can check on wilton's site on the contest page.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%