Flavoring Wilton Fondant?

Decorating By iggygirl35 Updated 1 Sep 2007 , 6:55pm by Daryn

iggygirl35 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iggygirl35 Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 6:13pm
post #1 of 5

I have some oil-based flavoring from ck products used for flavoring melted chocolate so it won't seize. Can i knead some of that into wilton fondant? if so, would i need to add more powdered sugar? i'm also planning on painting the fondant with vodka/dust.

4 replies
jeking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeking Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 6:24pm
post #2 of 5

Yes, you can add it. Unless you use quite a bit it probably won't affect the fondant. If it seems a bit too soft, you can always knead in a tiny bit of cornstarch. I wouldn't use powdered sugar. I've done this before and it works fine. I can't say that it changed the flavor a WHOLE lot, but did help some.

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 6:40pm
post #3 of 5

I agree about the flavor. That stuff is just plain old NASTY to me, no matter what you add to it, LOL.. Just my opinion.

AuntieElle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntieElle Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 6:49pm
post #4 of 5

I tried to flavor that stuff with everything known to man to no avail. It seemed to always have the original flavor lurking around in there somewhere. . .All you can do is try. If ever you want to order a better tasting fondant on the cheap, intotheoven.com has great prices! Good luck! Let us know how it works out.

Elle

Daryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daryn Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 6:55pm
post #5 of 5

It's like my pastor says, "You can add whatever you want to dog poo, and it isn't going to make it anything other than what it is."

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%