Fondant Ribbon On Imbc Cake

Decorating By peasacake Updated 1 Sep 2007 , 7:29pm by peasacake

peasacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peasacake Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 4:20pm
post #1 of 4

I would like to wrap a fondant ribbon with bow around each base of three tiers separated by pillars. I would like to do so that no cake board/base is exposed, only ribbon. Should I be concerened that the fondant ribbon will slide off of the cake once the cake sits through the reception and the IMBC becomes room temp? If so, I will have to have the cake board show a little so the the fondant cannot slide off. Anyone with experience of using this combination of fondant on IMBC? Thank you much!!

3 replies
divinecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divinecake Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 5:41pm
post #2 of 4

Hi peasacake, I'm not sure if I quite understand what you mean... but I use IMBC all the time with fondant ribbons around the cake and I've never had any problems. I even attach flowers and other fondant decorations on the cake and never had a problem with them sliding off of the cake. I'll try to attached here the link to my cake with a ribbon around, forgive me if it doen'st work. I've never done this before and sorry if it didn't help you.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=652003[/url]

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 5:44pm
post #3 of 4

I think her worry is because there wont be anything supporting the ribbon like a tier underneath. I think I would use a board with a tiny lip, just enough to hold the ribbon up. Especially with the bow, it is likely to slide.

peasacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peasacake Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 7:29pm
post #4 of 4

That's what I thought. Will do. Thank you both for your time!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%