Need Idea For Gilligan's Island Theme Cake

Decorating By RebeccaJean Updated 7 Sep 2007 , 1:41am by Lorendabug

RebeccaJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RebeccaJean Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 10:58am
post #1 of 7

I have been asked to make a Gilligan's Island theme cake for a company picnic. Any ideas? I was playing around with the idea of making the SS Minnow boats steering wheel using a round cake. Any better ideas than that? Thanks in advance for any advice.

6 replies
cakesbyamym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyamym Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 11:05am
post #2 of 7

Since it's for a company picnic, how about doing the SS Minnow "beached" on top of a sheet cake? Palm trees, life preserver with SS Minnow lying on the island by the lagoon's edge. Maybe a beach towel lying on the beach with Gilligan's hat and the Professor's radio sitting on it...kind of like they'd just walked away from it? An open suitcase of money and pearls for the Howell's... The steering wheel from the SS Minnow propped up at the base of one of the palm trees? Huts in the distance? Good luck!!!!

Amy

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 11:19am
post #3 of 7

That sounds like a great cake Amy!

I love "theme" cakes!! They can be as involved or as simple as time allows. Just have fun with it!

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 11:31am
post #4 of 7

Just saw this post and Amy's idea was the first one I thought of also....the beached boat, open suitcases, etc. That sounds like a fun cake!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 3 Sep 2007 , 6:58pm
post #5 of 7

A map of the island?
LL

keriskreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keriskreations Posted 3 Sep 2007 , 7:08pm
post #6 of 7

What a fun cake to do - there are so many angles you could go with! I was thinking of the little huts, and their table out in front with items like Amy mentioned like the radio, chest for the Howells, etc. You could have palm trees around the outskirts, and add the boat if you wanted to. Be sure to post pictures!

Lorendabug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lorendabug Posted 7 Sep 2007 , 1:41am
post #7 of 7

I loved that show! You will definately have to post a picture.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%