How To Save $$$ On Decorating Bags...

Decorating By CRAZEEDUCK Updated 29 Aug 2007 , 5:53pm by girltrapped

CRAZEEDUCK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CRAZEEDUCK Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 4:58pm
post #1 of 8

Just thought I would share my idea on how I save money on my decorating bags....Bring out the "Seal-a-Meal" and buy a box of gallon size zip-lock-bags and you can make your own decorating bags. You get on regular size bag and if you like you can save the two small bag for small projects. You can leave the zipper seal at the top of the large bag or just cut it off with scissors. In the picture below I put the dotted lines on the bag so you could see where I used the seal-a-meal... "Seal-A-Meals" are super cheap on E-Bay.

CrazeeDuck (Donna)

LL

7 replies
dezzib27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dezzib27 Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 5:04pm
post #2 of 8

Love that idea!! I am gonna try that I was just thinking about how I hate spending the money on those!!

girltrapped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
girltrapped Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 5:06pm
post #3 of 8

This is a very interesting tip. How long have you used these bags? Do you ever have trouble with them "blowing out"?

dmq1298 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmq1298 Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 5:10pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks for the GREAT idea! This is one of thoes..Duh, why didn't I think of that. I use my seal-a-meal almost every night!! Thanks again
Donna (too icon_biggrin.gif )

CRAZEEDUCK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CRAZEEDUCK Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 5:29pm
post #5 of 8

GirlTrapped,
I've been using my bags like this for a few years now and I haven't had any problems with "Blow-Outs"....they work great....I used the regular style gallon zip-lock-bags or the freezer kind and I haven't had any problems.

plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 5:35pm
post #6 of 8

How clever! icon_biggrin.gif Thanks thumbs_up.gif

cakemomne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemomne Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 5:35pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks for the great idea. Another DUH why didnt I think of that here! We have had a food saver for years. I'll have to check and see I can make bags with the food saver plactic bags too, they are seriously heavy duty.

girltrapped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
girltrapped Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 5:53pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAZEEDUCK

GirlTrapped,
I've been using my bags like this for a few years now and I haven't had any problems with "Blow-Outs"....they work great....I used the regular style gallon zip-lock-bags or the freezer kind and I haven't had any problems.

Fantastic! I'm off to find a seal-a-meal!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%