Questions On Fbct (Frozen Buttercream Transfer)

Decorating By beetle1948 Updated 31 Oct 2006 , 6:27am by butterflyjuju

beetle1948 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beetle1948 Posted 28 Oct 2006 , 3:51pm
post #1 of 8

I would first like to say CakeCentral is greattttttttttt. I going to attempt
my first FBCT after reading about it on this website.Some of the questions I stlil have is

1-what type of icing is best for outling the transfer ?
2-what consistency should the icing be for outling?
3-what is the best tip for outling?
4-what is the best icing consistency for filling in the outline?
5-what is the best tip for filling in?

I,m open to any thougts on this, and most of all

THANK YOU

7 replies
Fancymcnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fancymcnancy Posted 28 Oct 2006 , 4:05pm
post #2 of 8

1) I use the same icing for outlining and filling. After outlining, I just let it sit for a little while to crust.

2)I use Squirrelly's recipe for the whole thing (you can do a search or I'll look it up and post again)

3) As far as outlining goes, it really depends on your design. I usually use tip #1 or #2, but sometimes need to use a parchment triangle to do fine lines.

4)Same consistency for whole thing

5) It really depends on the area you are filling in. I mostly use tip#3, but for smaller areas you may want a smaller tip and for larger areas you may want a larger tip.

You will love doing FBCTs once you get started. It is such an easy way to get a gorgeous cake!! You'll probably have more questions once you actaully try it and you'll always get great answers around here. Welcome to CC!!!

SweetInspirations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetInspirations Posted 28 Oct 2006 , 4:06pm
post #3 of 8

Hello,
I made my first FBCT the other day and followed the directions from an article from this site. Very easy to follow and it turned out perfect icon_wink.gif
http://www.cakecentral.com/article12-How-To-Create-a-Frozen-Buttercream-Transfer.html

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 28 Oct 2006 , 6:57pm
post #4 of 8

http://www.baking911.com/asksarahbb/index.php?showtopic=441

The above is how I do my FBCT's. icon_smile.gif

1. I have always used my regular all crisco buttercream. Some will say you need an all butter, other's will say it has worked with half and half. For me I don't feel the need to make a 'special' buttercream when what I already uses works fine.

You just need an icing that will freeze soild and release from the wax paper or parchment paper. If you are unsure take some of your icing and put it on some wax paper and put it in the freezer. If after it is frozen solid you can peal the wax paper from it, it should work fine for a transfer.

2 and 4. I use a soft medium for my transfers.

3. This is going to depend on how thin you want your outline to be. On my last two ones I did (in my photos) I used tips 2 and 3 when doing the outlining and detailing. If you are working on a larger less detailed picture you can always use a little larger than a 3. Alot of it depends on your graphic.

5. Again this depends on your graphic. If I am working in smaller places I will use a smaller tip. If I am filling in larger places I will use a larger tip.

beetle1948 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beetle1948 Posted 28 Oct 2006 , 7:39pm
post #5 of 8

Once again CC is great and thank you all for your posts.

licia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
licia Posted 29 Oct 2006 , 3:50am
post #6 of 8

Thanks for posting this I think that I will finally get up the nerve to FBCT myself.

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 30 Oct 2006 , 3:43pm
post #7 of 8

Im wanting to make this cake this coming week end for a post op halloween....I was gonna use flow mix, but..am worried, I'd like to try buttercream as I read here, to do a casket cake with dracula in it, ..if I put my buttercream design on wax paper, how do I remove it on to my hands to set on the cake??? would I do it like the birds on the wiltons course II book??
I need an easy way to create dracula.
LL

butterflyjuju Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflyjuju Posted 31 Oct 2006 , 6:27am
post #8 of 8

You don't put the design onto you hands. You lay wax paper icing side down on cake in the spot you want it. Then you peel away the wax paper. The sites listed in above posts will help you with photos showing you how to do it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%