Yellow Cake W/choc Chips, Ganache Filling And Van/car Bc??

Decorating By SLK Updated 29 Aug 2007 , 3:06pm by angelwaggoner

SLK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SLK Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 2:25pm
post #1 of 7

Help,

I'm doing a cake for tonight, they wanted yellow cake with chocolate chips. I suggested choc ganache filling. And she said yummy.

Last night I made the butter cream and wanted to try a new flavor...vanilla carmael. It tastes great....but I didn't think about how all three flavors would work together.

What do you think. Does yellow chocolate chip cake with chocolate ganache and vanilla carmael bc work together?

I tried the cake with the icing (which was good), I'm just scared about adding the ganache.

6 replies
crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 2:35pm
post #2 of 7

Sound delicious to me! Good luck. icon_smile.gif

Melody25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melody25 Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 2:38pm
post #3 of 7

I think it sounds really good! I think the vanilla caramel icing will tone down the chocolate a little, I mean its almost like a Twix! And how good are twix? YUMMY!

gabbenmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gabbenmom Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 2:39pm
post #4 of 7

I think it sounds good. Did they have a icing flavor/type request?

angelwaggoner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelwaggoner Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 2:43pm
post #5 of 7

So can I ask how you get Vanilla Caramel flavored frosting??? Is there a recipe here for it?? Sounds YUMMY!!!

I think the whole thing sounds great...go for it! thumbs_up.gif

SLK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SLK Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 3:02pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks you all! I'm feeling better.

The were very non specific about the cake....they just wanted something yummy, so that's when I play around a little. But sometimes I play a little to much.

Melody I love that it sounds like a twix....I'll call it the twix cake! hahaha (byw, is that Charlie the Unicorn?)

Angelwaggoner - I'm sure it's a standard recipe somewhere, but this is what I do...

1 1/2 cups butter (salted)
1 1/2 cup crisco
6-9 tbs of liquid
3 lbs of ps

For the liquid...I mix any flavored coffee mate with equil parts of warm water (so it desolves). This time it's Vanilla Carmael! I've heard of others that do this. I don't know if it's original...but it's yummy and I've been doing for a few years now. I also make it in my KA stand mixer - it comes out very fluffy that way.

angelwaggoner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelwaggoner Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 3:06pm
post #7 of 7

thank you so much! That sounds wonderful...I"m going to have to try it soon! I've heard of others using coffee mate/creamer in w/ their liquid but I'm not a coffee drinker so I have none!! But this is definately worth a try as I LOVE caramel flavored stuff....esp. TWIX!!

icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%