Paint Choices For A Kitchen

Business By Sugarbean Updated 29 Oct 2006 , 3:10pm by Sugarbean

Sugarbean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarbean Posted 28 Oct 2006 , 4:00am
post #1 of 10

I'm building my legal kitchen. I need to pick a paint colour. Does anyone thing that choosing a tangerine type orange (peachy, pink orange) would affect the lighting for making cakes.

I was thinking of doing just ONE wall in the orange, and the other's in a creamy white?

What colour would you paint your kitchen? Or did you?

Thanks!

9 replies
heavenscent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavenscent Posted 28 Oct 2006 , 4:14am
post #2 of 10

I am afraid that it may affect the lighting for your cakes.

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 28 Oct 2006 , 6:48am
post #3 of 10

Most of the walls in my kitchen are white. My electrician said the room would look brighter and the colors more true. I also added halogen light bars over the counter surface for better work light.

If you main work surface was white and the color was away from that, it probably wouldn't make that much difference.

When you color match,you would want to pay attention to the lighting.

Derby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Derby Posted 28 Oct 2006 , 6:57am
post #4 of 10

Good advice. I never would have thought about how the paint choice could affect our colors!

Schmoop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Schmoop Posted 28 Oct 2006 , 7:02am
post #5 of 10

You guys are too practical, I would have just done the tangerine...I love color!

Of course, would have figured out that it wasn't the best choice later.

Sugarbean Posted 28 Oct 2006 , 4:02pm
post #6 of 10

I think I'm still going to do the tangerine. I don't think I would be *happy* just with white. I'll make it work!!

Schmoop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Schmoop Posted 28 Oct 2006 , 4:50pm
post #7 of 10

GO LINDSAY! I'm with you...I am never happy with just white!

Sugarbean Posted 28 Oct 2006 , 5:57pm
post #8 of 10

Here's the colours I'm painting my commercial kitchen!! :clap: The tangerine cooridinates with my letterhead/businesscards/website etc.

Its the top one of the "oranges" and I can't decide between a true white, or a lightly tinted white.

I have one wall in my kitchen that is 16 ft long, that one will be tangerine and all the other's white. And the countertops are a grey/black.

:clap:

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 29 Oct 2006 , 12:44am
post #9 of 10

you could do a white wall with some kind of cool tangerine design going through it, kind of like a ribbon looping around, that way you get your tangeine and the lighting won't be too affected for your cakes, just another option, don't know if it will work for you though.

Sugarbean Posted 29 Oct 2006 , 3:10pm
post #10 of 10

That's a great idea! Maybe I'll just do a double strip of tangerine with Sugar Bean Cakes in my font written on the wall.

hmmm....Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%