Freezing Cupcakes?

Decorating By mxpark Updated 27 Oct 2006 , 4:37am by cupcake

mxpark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mxpark Posted 26 Oct 2006 , 9:36pm
post #1 of 7

i was just wondering how i would go about freezing cupcakes?

6 replies
jekizer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jekizer Posted 26 Oct 2006 , 9:42pm
post #2 of 7

I have never had to freeze cupcakes before..... but I would think that you could freeze them the same way you would freeze a cake.

Wrap them, and freeze. Maybe someone else has something better. Good Luck to you.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 26 Oct 2006 , 9:43pm
post #3 of 7

I just stick them in a big ziploc bag and toss em' in the freezer......I've had them in there like that for like a month before and they tasted great!!

praetorian2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
praetorian2000 Posted 26 Oct 2006 , 9:57pm
post #4 of 7

i set the cupcakes in the freezer and let them get as hard as they're going to get then I wrap them in plastic and then wrap them tightly in foil. I've had them in the freezer for 3-4 months and they come out fine. I do the same thing with my cakes.

mxpark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mxpark Posted 26 Oct 2006 , 11:32pm
post #5 of 7

thanks!!!

gcc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gcc Posted 27 Oct 2006 , 12:25am
post #6 of 7

I have had good success with freezing cupcakes.
I freeze carrot cake, red velvet, banana & chocolate cupcakes. From mini to normal sizes all freeze well.

cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake Posted 27 Oct 2006 , 4:37am
post #7 of 7

I put the cups in the freezer first until they get frozen, then I put them in a freezer zip-lock bag, and take the air out, and put them back in the freezer. They will keep a long time. When I have extra batter, I either make cupcakes or small smash cakes, and freeze them for those little emergencies. Cups are good for more then just cups. I use them for making different accents on cakes or supports. As with cookies, I use them to maybe put the birthday persons name on it, or other writing or the age etc....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%