Party At The Pool (Branched Off Sc Thread)

Lounge By KayDay Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 4:32am by LaSombra

sweetsbycheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsbycheryl Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 3:00pm
post #121 of 168

Hey guys-
I'm back and ready to jump back in the pool- anyone located Kayday yet? Hope everyone had a good weekend and didn't overtax my poor firemen too much!! icon_biggrin.gif

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 3:46pm
post #122 of 168

Hey folks I went camping this weekend. I was floating around on a raft in the river and thinking " Wonder what the other CC cesspool folks are doing?" I did not see a single fireman and the river does not have a cabana boy so I am glad to be back.

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 4:52pm
post #123 of 168

lol, they changed the title of this thread icon_lol.gif

Sandi4tpc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandi4tpc Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 4:54pm
post #124 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaSombra

lol, they changed the title of this thread icon_lol.gif

I think it was titled appropriately!!

Cake_Mooma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Mooma Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 5:53pm
post #125 of 168

I am a little late but I want to join the pool party.

Oh oh oh I have a drink.

It is usually a spanish Christmas drink, but who want to wait until Christmas, Hey we are close enough it is almost Sept. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Coquito:

Egg Yolk ( we need our protein icon_rolleyes.gif )
sugar
Coconut Rum
Cream of COconut.
Vanilla/vanilla sticks
Cinamon

mix yolk and sugar together in blender until creamy, add all the other ingredients and blend away. You can cruch a little ice if you want.

Oh oh oh oh

I'm d...r...o...w...n...i...n...g... H...e...l...p...

Send me a life gaurd Quick!!!!

Gulp gulp gulp,

Oh that's just me drinking my cocktail thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Vicky

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 6:46pm
post #126 of 168

Okay, I can eat raw eggs in my cake batter and cookie dough but just the thoughts of it in a drink makes me ill. icon_lol.gif

I, too, had a very busy weekend. Attended a Red Hat Rodeo on Saturday from 11-3 and then a luau with the newspaper employees (I proofread part time) on Saturday night. Sunday I spent the day cleaning and packing for my trip to NC tomorrow.

Soooooooooo.....everyone will just have to take care of the grill for a week because I'll be gone. Will try to check in while I am there. I hope that KayDay surfaces before I have to leave. I'm worried about her.

Diane

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 6:51pm
post #127 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionladydi

Okay, I can eat raw eggs in my cake batter and cookie dough but just the thoughts of it in a drink makes me ill. icon_lol.gif

I know what you mean. I eat the raw dough/batter all the time but in a drink? >.< eggnog? eww

but then, the alcohol in the drink probably kills of any germs that might be there so it's got to be better than having the dough. must be a mental thing...

lionladydi Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 6:54pm
post #128 of 168

[quote="LaSombra"
but then, the alcohol in the drink probably kills of any germs that might be there so it's got to be better than having the dough. must be a mental thing...[/quote]

If it's me.........I'm always a mental thing...........a little crazy. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Diane

FrostinGal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostinGal Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 7:16pm
post #129 of 168

Can I get a double? Had a houseful of family this weekend for our daughter's sweet 16. Had a blast, but boy am I pooped!
Of course I forgot my camera, so I'm waiting for the pro pics for a photo of the cake I made.
Sure could use a fireman to go with that drink...

Cake_Mooma Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 12:32am
post #130 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake_Mooma

Coquito:

Egg Yolk ( we need our protein icon_rolleyes.gif )
sugar
Coconut Rum
Cream of COconut.
Vanilla/vanilla sticks
Cinamon

mix yolk and sugar together in blender until creamy, add all the other ingredients and blend away. You can cruch a little ice if you want.

Vicky

I forgot to add the can of evaporated milk. Yes it is a little like egg nog. You need the egg if you don't want it. Me well after a few drinks it makes no difference.......egg...no egg... who cares. I want the fireman better, Oh wait I forgot I was drowning. icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif Well I guess my house is burning down now. so I need a firefighter........H...e...l...p...!!!! I need CPR soon the smoke and the drinks are getting to me.

Vicky

DelightsByE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DelightsByE Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 12:58am
post #131 of 168

We should invent a new pool game...instead of Marco! Polo! it should be:

MayDay!
KayDay!

Then maybe we'll find her!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

lionladydi Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 6:03am
post #132 of 168

Just got home from work at the news office and I'm too tired to jump in the pool. I have 4 hours until I leave for NC so I'll skip the dip and the drinks tonight. Take care while I'm gone and please find KayDay.

Diane

Cake_Mooma Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 1:55pm
post #133 of 168

Ok I'll play.

Mayday!!!!!

lolololol

Vicky

Cake_Mooma Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 1:59pm
post #134 of 168

DelightsByE

I am going to borrow your Sugarcrafts signiture. Hope it's fine with you.

Vicky

DelightsByE Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 1:48am
post #135 of 168

Hey it's fine with me...I stole it from KayDay anyway...

MAYDAY!!!!

(still nowhere to be found? icon_rolleyes.gif )

lionladydi Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 2:55pm
post #136 of 168

Just borrowed my sister's computer so I could check on you guys. I had a hard time logging on as I forgot my password. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I see that KayDay has not surfaced.

I needed one of these drinks yesterday. Got 38 miles from home and got a speeding ticket to the tune of $188. Damn city cop sitting on the highway. I was doing 73 in a 50 so I was a very bad girl. Other than that, I had a good safe trip.

Drink one for me. I don't have time to swim now or have a drink. Too busy visiting.

Diane

sweetsbycheryl Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 4:28pm
post #137 of 168

The party's been a little quiet for the past few days- did everyone pass out from all the booze, or are you keeping my firemen busy? icon_lol.gif

Cake_Mooma Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 6:23pm
post #138 of 168

Seeing that it was the frist day of school today, once the kids were out I had the Firemen keep me entertained. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I am saving the wine for later.... I'll pick the best one to keep....Fireman that is....oh wine tooo.... icon_razz.gificon_twisted.gifthumbs_up.gificon_razz.gificon_twisted.gifthumbs_up.gif

Vicky

lionladydi Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 12:55am
post #139 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetsbycheryl

The party's been a little quiet for the past few days- did everyone pass out from all the booze, or are you keeping my firemen busy? icon_lol.gif

I am in No. Carolina visiting my Tar Heel sister. I am only on the computer because she is on her video phone visiting. She is deaf and talks with all her friends on it. Wonderful world of technology.

Went out for supper at a good Mexican restaurant. Couldn't resist having a margarita. I've been thinking about them since this pool party started.

Wish I could get one of these firemen to sympathize with me about my speeding ticket I got yesterday........... icon_cry.gif Maybe I could have one those big husky fellows to beat this cop up. He wasn't even good looking. icon_lol.gif

Looks like KayDay is never letting that cabana boy join us again. She's being mighty selfish. We'll have to listen to her brag when she does show up. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Diane

Cake_Mooma Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 1:46am
post #140 of 168

I am saving up all the drinks and firemen and lifegaurds for this weekend. icon_rolleyes.gif . It's my birthday weekend so I will need the guys to help me celebrate. I'll need to save the booze too icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I'll catch up to all the partying on Monday that is my special day!!!!!!

Oh Yeah....PARTY LIKE A ROCK STAR thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Vicky

lionladydi Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 2:41pm
post #141 of 168

Cake__Mooma, Happy Birthday on Monday, in case I don't happen to get on the computer. party.gif

Finally got a PM from KayDay. That little icon_evil.gif tried to tell me she has been swamped with work but finally admitted that the cabana boy (as she put it) had her errr........occupied. icon_confused.gif I think I know what that means but I am kind of naive in my old age. icon_rolleyes.gif

I think we should have a 3 "margarita" lunch today. I can't go the 3 "martini" lunch but margaritas I can handle. I'll fire up the grill and will have a good burger for lunch. Everyone's welcome. Just don't forget to bring extra ice, limes, and mix...........Oh yeah........maybe a little tequila....I'll furnish the glasses and salt. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Diane

sweetsbycheryl Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 3:55pm
post #142 of 168

Sounds good!! I make a killer turkey burger, and I'll do some beef ones , too!! Jeez, have we used all the ice I brought over last week? icon_confused.gif Did the pool get that hot? icon_eek.gif

lionladydi Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 9:11pm
post #143 of 168

Those firemen and lifeguards generate a lot of heat, you know, especially with this bunch of cake decorators........I think we have all been leading sheltered lives baking cakes............. icon_cry.gif The pool party seems to be bringing out the wild side of everyone.........you know...like KayDay.

Diane

DelightsByE Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 2:47am
post #144 of 168

Hey since the firemen and lifeguards have really been working hard (ahem!) let's give them a break, I brought in these guys to cover their shifts for a while (I even was thoughtful and included a couple chicks for the menfolk in our midst)
LL

Cake_Mooma Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 4:32pm
post #145 of 168

Since KayDay isn't sharing her cabana boy I went I got my own. I share him when I am done thumbs_up.gificon_evil.gificon_lol.gif
LL

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 12:30am
post #146 of 168

Darn ...you folks...I was uh, WORKING, yeah...thats it...working! The cabana boy is doing well and recovering nicely. icon_lol.gif

NEWTODECORATING Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 12:36am
post #147 of 168

You are all going to have to continue the party without me for a little while. Seems like the partying, alchol, and late nights have left me with walking pnemonia and bronchitis!!! Uggh I hate being sick!! icon_cry.gif
Doc said it will be 3-5 days before I can go in the pool without coughing so much I drown!! thumbsdown.gificon_mad.gif

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 12:40am
post #148 of 168

Sorry to hear it newtodecorating...I kinda got some bad news myself. Have been having some (lots) of back pain and hand numbness. THey diagnosed me with carpal tunnel in both arms...gotta have carpal release surgery...then when went back to my doc...they wanted an orthopedic surgeon to look at me ..he sent me for MRI...found a lot of bulging discs and some already ruptured...looks like a buncha surgery for me. icon_cry.gif

I have been a wreck! But ...hey...people face more everyday...and this too shall pass. I hope you get better soon! Keep me posted on how ya are doing? (((((HUGS))))) Karyn

NEWTODECORATING Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 1:23am
post #149 of 168

KayDay sorry to hear your troubles too! Hope things get better for you! Just remember if the pains get to be to bad, that Cesspool drink sounds like the thing to cure it! icon_wink.gif

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 3 Sep 2007 , 7:08am
post #150 of 168

Hey, Just thought I'd crash your part-ay! icon_biggrin.gif Hope you don't mind! Someone I know was surfing net for cake supplies & I steered them away from SC.Com and told them what a crappy company they are... They ordered from another Site that was recommended here. They are hobby cake makers.

Aaah, yes. Hot Cocoa & Baileys ordered, please. And make it a Double! And if there's no Baileys in the house, please make it a Sex on the Beach. icon_biggrin.gif (preferably with a couple of the firemen...well, icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif ...or at least one with the drink in his hand)

Man, really need to get a life! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%