What Are Your Kids Dressing As For Halloween?

Lounge By jen1977 Updated 29 Oct 2006 , 6:08am by ckkerber

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 10:56pm
post #1 of 28

I have two little boys...4 and 6. They are dressing as a blue power ranger with muscles (the most important part you know!) and an astronaut! Just thought it would be fun to see what everyone's kids or grandkids!) chose!

27 replies
denise2434 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denise2434 Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 11:04pm
post #2 of 28

Hi Jen! My almost 2 year daughter is going to be a pink flower...her face is the middle of the flower, I'm going to dress up like a bumble bee and my 10 year old son is going to be a zombie! icon_surprised.gificon_lol.gif His costume is going to be really cool tho! We got him a used suit and tie....I rolled it around in the mud and we have some cool make-up effects to do on him. He is at the age that he wants to be something scary.

bakerbean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakerbean Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 11:10pm
post #3 of 28

I can relate Jen, I have two boys 4,2 and both want to be red power rangers.

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 11:17pm
post #4 of 28

My dd is going to be Princess Fiona from Shrek and my 2year old son is going to be Donkey.

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 11:22pm
post #5 of 28

My 4 year old son is going as a knight in shining armor- I of course will be the Queen! icon_lol.gif

bluehen92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluehen92 Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 11:35pm
post #6 of 28

My 7 year old daughter is going to be Princess Annika from Barbie & the Magic of Pegasus. My 4 year old son will be Captain Jack Sparrow (his new obsession!)

-Lisa

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 26 Oct 2006 , 12:02am
post #7 of 28

My 8 year old is going as a pirate.
My 3 year old wants to be a skeleton, he wants to scare everyone. icon_rolleyes.gif

booberfrog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
booberfrog Posted 26 Oct 2006 , 12:50am
post #8 of 28

My 21 month old son is going to be a boxer, complete with championship belt, and gloves. He even has little muscles!
Think I might change my avi to him in his costume icon_wink.gif

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 26 Oct 2006 , 1:01am
post #9 of 28

My 4 yo ds is going to be Superman, which is his hero, his entire room is done in superman!

My 5 yo ds is going as The Thing from Fantastic 4, complete with face mask, lol!

The dog, lol, is going as a spider, complete with cute little hat!!!

And, I am going.........to be very busy, lol!!!!

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 26 Oct 2006 , 1:06am
post #10 of 28

1 9 yr old daughter and 4 costumes for different events. She just has to decide which to wear when and where, lol, she's having difficulties making up her mind, anyone have those problems as well?

bigboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigboots Posted 26 Oct 2006 , 1:24am
post #11 of 28

Ursula40 I know my daughters 14 & 11 have two costumes each and
they have been wanting more lol.
14 yr old daughter princess & punk playboy bunny
11yr old daughter baby & punk cheerleader
8 yr old son Medieval executioner
3 yr old son teenage mutant ninja turtle or zorro he's not sure yet.
and me a tattooed biker chick lol lol lol

booberfrog i loved that lil boxer costume but neither of my
boys wanted to be it icon_cry.gif

Samsgranny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Samsgranny Posted 26 Oct 2006 , 5:31am
post #12 of 28

Grandson Sam will be Peter from the Chronicles of Narnia and Granddaughter Teya will be Peter's younger sister. The kids aren't allowed scary costumes and won't be out trick or treating (not my idea!) but we had a costume party tonight at the church and the theme was Narnia. Great decorations and costumes and of course I made sugar cutout cookies with Antonia's icing. I made little cutout crowns, castles and snowflakes. We had a lot of fun thumbs_up.gif

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 26 Oct 2006 , 11:32am
post #13 of 28

Great costumes! I love the zombie idea! I made the boys costumes last year...they were robots. I had some cute ideas this year, and was going to make the 6 year olds, but could talk my 4 year old out of the muscles, lol. We got to Target, and 6 year old just HAD to be an astronaut! Oh well, I knew the day would come when they wouldn't want homemade costumes, just didn't think it would be this soon icon_cry.gif Oh well, they look cute anyway! I love halloween...how else would I get my candy fix til Easter? icon_lol.gif

jtb94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jtb94 Posted 26 Oct 2006 , 12:34pm
post #14 of 28

my 11 year old daughter will be going as malibu barbie and my 15 year old daughter is going to help me. We make our front porch into a haunted house. She will be inside a coffin and jump out at people.

missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 26 Oct 2006 , 2:20pm
post #15 of 28

Both my sons (ages 5 and icon_cool.gif are going to be Star Wars Clone Troopers and my 3-year-old daughter is going to be Dee Dee Doodlebop. Hubby is going to be Darth Vader and I'm going to be the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland. icon_biggrin.gif

mhill91801 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mhill91801 Posted 26 Oct 2006 , 3:54pm
post #16 of 28

My 5 year old is going to be the bear in the big blue house, and my 2 yr. old is going to be scooby doo. My mother in law buys costumes from disney and such, so these are ones that fit them this year. (Have been through two nephews already) Works out great for me!!

butterflyjuju Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflyjuju Posted 26 Oct 2006 , 7:03pm
post #17 of 28

My 4 yr old ds is going to be superman (easy costume I bought him the shirt and he's happy). My 2 yr old ds wants to be superman too...lol. She'll wear her pink superman shirt along with her fairy wings and skirt.

We go to local nursing homes and end up with a bunch of candy. We also go to a few homes of people we know.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 27 Oct 2006 , 4:07am
post #18 of 28

just posted on a different thread: my 6year old daughter is a parrot, 4 year old son is a monkey, 3 year old daughter is piglet and 1 year old son is tigger. I'm going as a tired parent that is getting to carry candy and tired kids as a pack mule! icon_lol.gif

gmcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gmcakes Posted 27 Oct 2006 , 4:52am
post #19 of 28

My 9 y/o daughter is going as a monster bride (complete with black wedding gown/veil, fishnet stockings, black leather go go boots, and a Morticia Addams wig - should be interesting!)

My 6 y/o son is going as the Thing from Fantastic 4 (complete with electronic thing hands and feet)

And me? Well...I have a costume, but I may chicken out and not wear it! It is a little old fat lady, in a huge pink polka dot dress carrying a lost puppy sign! But, when I turn around...oh, my! There's the puppy-stuck in the butt crack on the pink dress! Too funny!

kaychristensen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaychristensen Posted 27 Oct 2006 , 7:51am
post #20 of 28

DD (8yrs old) wants to be a witch this year. After being a princess for 5 yrs. I was going to make her outfit. But with doing all of these cakes icon_cry.gif We went to our thrift store and got an AWESOME outfit we designed. First a witch dress at $2.95, Hat .50, Shoes (she can wears later) $1.95 Total $5.40. If I were to make her outfit it would have cost me over $30.00 without shoes. I found a huge bargian icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Teenage soon who knows what he is going to do icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif But I ain't paying. He knows our thrift store has good bargains thumbs_up.gif

berryblondeboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
berryblondeboys Posted 27 Oct 2006 , 1:50pm
post #21 of 28

Well, my 10 year old has to wear the same costume as last year from a "promise" as it was a little expensive. he is going as a ninja - complete with the two toe shoes - all in black (so yes, he has reflective stuff with him).

My 18 month old has two costumes - one for indoor parties and one for outdoors. For indoors we have a little kimono type outfit - pants and shirt. For outdoors I made an oscar the grouch costume and made a costume for his stroller to look like a garbage can... have to make the "can" yet, but the grouch is done and very cute!

me - I think I'm going as a chef (gives me an excuse to buy a chef jacket) and Dh is going as a dirty old professor from an old costume, but maybe I'll make him a souschef instead! LOL

Melissa

berryblondeboys Posted 27 Oct 2006 , 2:00pm
post #22 of 28

Well, my 10 year old has to wear the same costume as last year from a "promise" as it was a little expensive. he is going as a ninja - complete with the two toe shoes - all in black (so yes, he has reflective stuff with him).

My 18 month old has two costumes - one for indoor parties and one for outdoors. For indoors we have a little kimono type outfit - pants and shirt. For outdoors I made an oscar the grouch costume and made a costume for his stroller to look like a garbage can... have to make the "can" yet, but the grouch is done and very cute!

me - I think I'm going as a chef (gives me an excuse to buy a chef jacket) and Dh is going as a dirty old professor from an old costume, but maybe I'll make him a souschef instead! LOL

Melissa

jmcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmcakes Posted 27 Oct 2006 , 2:33pm
post #23 of 28

My 3year old DD, is going to be the pink power ranger and my 18 month old is going to be a clown...icon_smile.gif

LickDaBowl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LickDaBowl Posted 27 Oct 2006 , 4:30pm
post #24 of 28

I am so sad!!! I tried to convince my boys (5 and 6) to be Peter Pan and Capt. Hook, with no luck. We've got Dracula and a red Power Ranger Mystic Force here.

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 27 Oct 2006 , 9:34pm
post #25 of 28

My 4 year old is going as Thomas the Train. He had his preschool Halloween party Thursday. I asked him how the party went when I picked him up from school and he said "Great, and the big kids really liked my costume." It ticked him to death that the "big" kids liked it.

berryblondeboys Posted 27 Oct 2006 , 10:07pm
post #26 of 28

ooo found a great costume for me! I was at Sur La Table and they had their witches apron (witches bottom half) on sale 50% off. So, I got that and then I went to Joannes and bought some fabric to make a chef's hat (should be easy - I sew). The fabric is orange with witches hat, so it ties in nicely.

Then, with complementing fabric I am going to sew/embroider this on a t-shirt or old turtleneck: "Witch in the kitchen", with a B in front crossed out to make the W for in front of itch.... either that or... Witchy Chef with the same cross out of the B and replaced by a W...

I think it's quite cute and all together it cost me about $11 inclduing thread! Not too shabby!

Melissa

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 28 Oct 2006 , 12:57am
post #27 of 28

My son is going to be a lion..... ROAR. LOL

ckkerber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckkerber Posted 29 Oct 2006 , 6:08am
post #28 of 28

Great idea for a post! I love reading about everyone's costumes. My 2 year old son is going to be a pirate (we went to Disneyland a few weeks back and he's been singing, "Yo ho, yo ho" ever since!). My 3 1/2 year old is going to be Bedtime Bear (Care Bear). I was actually pretty shocked that he picked this costume out. He's been totally into princesses and everything girly for a while now. When we went to the store to find a Care Bear costume, we found three in his size - Tender Heart (brown but has a big heart on it) and a pink one, in addition to Bedtime Bear who is blue. I was convinced that he'd grab the pink one as soon as he saw it but he didn't! I was really, really surprised.

This will hopefully be our first year really trick-or-treating. Two years ago, we tried to go with my niece and nephew but all of the costumes (masks) freaked my little guy out. Then last year, we talked about going but Xander still had some pretty strong memories and he didn't want to go so I called up the family and asked if everyone could be home the night BEFORE Halloween and we put on our costumes and went trick-or-treating then (my hubby has a big family so they got plenty of candy just doing that). It worked really well because no one else was out and about in costumes and it was a really positive experience for him. This year, I'm thinking about just going to the mall for trick-or-treating (they do it there every year) because it's not dark and shadowy, plus it's a familiar place. That might be a nice way to ease into it. Then next year, watch out! We'll be out there on the streets with everyone else!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%