70 Th Birthday Cake Need Ideas

Decorating By Shaela Updated 30 Aug 2007 , 12:58pm by Shaela

Shaela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shaela Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 11:34pm
post #1 of 6

Hey I would greatly appreciate some help... I am making (end of October) my MIL's 70th b-day cake. I want to do something special for her... My hubby says she loves angels and I was thinking of doing a sugarpaste figure for the cake for sure... so that much I do have. Other than that... I have no ideas on design and I have been pouring over CC for a while trying to find inspiration... any ideas???

5 replies
crumbscakeartistry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbscakeartistry Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 1:41am
post #2 of 6

The gumpaste angel ia really cute idea. Maybe add some gumpaste flowers and you have a very elegant cake.

Shaela Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 12:54pm
post #3 of 6

I was thinking that too..... but, thank you for the confirmation that I was thinking along the right lines.... now, I need to come up with a color scheme... (sigh) icon_smile.gif

mccorda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mccorda Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 9:37pm
post #4 of 6

I experimented with brushed embroidery last month for my niece's cake and my MIL (76) loved it. She said I should do that again, maybe I will for their anniversary in October.

milocat15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milocat15 Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 12:41am
post #5 of 6

For the color scheme, maybe pastel blues and silvers (luster dust?)? This would make some beautiful angles, and dark blue accents would be pretty.

Shaela Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 12:58pm
post #6 of 6

I like the blues and silvers.... Thank you guys...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%