Wilton Contest

Decorating By McDuff Updated 25 Oct 2006 , 4:05pm by McDuff

McDuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
McDuff Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 11:49am
post #1 of 9

I was just curious about how often does Wilton hold their cake decorating contest? Are there any other contests out there?

8 replies
all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 11:57am
post #2 of 9

once a year...between june 1 and sept 30

There's one on CC every month!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 11:58am
post #3 of 9

oh yes, american cake decorating magazine has one as well..

surely, there are others

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 12:01pm
post #4 of 9

There are also sugar art shows in several different states.

CakesUnleashed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesUnleashed Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 2:05pm
post #5 of 9

I have to say, speaking from experience, if you wish to enter the Wilton Contest next year, here are a couple of things you must know:

You may NOT enter a photo of your cake in ANY other contest (nationally or regionally) PRIOR to the conclusion of the Wilton Contest, no matter how innocent you may think it to be. Even entering the contest here at CC can get your cake pulled. Believe me, I speak from experience!! icon_cry.gif

When taking photo's, always be sure to get a Birds Eye View and a Front View of the cake. This will be important when submitting the cake as an entry.

If your cake/cookies/appetizers, etc., doesn't get chosen in the Wilton Contest, that's OKAY! Just keep trying. The great thing about decorating is that you can only get better! There is no down hill from there. Well, we may slip now and again, but with practice, we DO get better.

Personal Note: If you wish to be critical of the entries that have been chosen, it would be wise to carefully choose your words and not allow your bad feelings and disappointment to influence others. Express your beliefs and frustrations to close friends and family members. Publicizing those ill comments will only create issues between fellow competitors - Nothing good can come from that. Be supportive of those that were selected, they worked equally hard and as diligent as you to be there.

Finally, HAVE FUN!! Cake Decorating is an art that is continuously growing, ever challenging, extremely rewarding and the outcome is enjoyed by all!

Best Wishes to YOU!!

Deborah

cassandrascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cassandrascakes Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 2:10pm
post #6 of 9

Well said CakesUnleashed.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 2:13pm
post #7 of 9

I CONCUR!!!! WELL SAID

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 2:16pm
post #8 of 9

Now that is some savvy advice CakesUnleashed. I am only sorry for the price at which such wisdom must come. Kudos for being so professional!

McDuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
McDuff Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 4:05pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks Cakesunleashed! I was curious, I don't make cakes that are good enough to enter in a contest but there are so many fantastic cakes in here I was wondering if there were contests for folks to enter.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%