Strawberry Cake Balls Anyone?

Baking By app_37190 Updated 25 Oct 2006 , 8:43pm by Momof4luvscakes

app_37190 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
app_37190 Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 4:42pm
post #1 of 8

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone has a recipe for strawberry cake balls. I have never made cake balls but would like to try. I have some strawberry cake just begging to be turned into something icon_lol.gif I would really appreciate any recipes or advise. Thanks!

7 replies
cakeatty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeatty Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 5:03pm
post #2 of 8

I've made them with leftover strawberry cake with just regular vanilla BC frosting and they were FAB!! One word of wisdom I found out the hard way. Don't use fresh strawberries in your cake balls. They get really mushy. Welcome to CC! I'm in Jackson. Nice to have another TN person around!

app_37190 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
app_37190 Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 12:27am
post #3 of 8

Thank you for the advice. I was thinking about using cream cheese icing. Do you have to dip them in chocolate. I really am a novice about cake balls.

I will actually be passing through Jackson on Thursday on my way to Memphis.

candy177 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candy177 Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 12:34am
post #4 of 8

I dip mine in chocolate, but you don't have to. Perhaps roll them in powdered sugar?

cakeatty Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 5:01pm
post #5 of 8

I've found that my cake balls stay together better when I dip them in chocolate. I've also found that Wilton candy melts do wonders with these too.

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 5:09pm
post #6 of 8

I have treid several times with rolling them in powdered sugar and they just are never dry enough. The sugar melts with the moisture?

cakeatty Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 8:31pm
post #7 of 8

I've never used powered sugar because I figured it would melt and then I would have cake, icing, etc. all over the place.

Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 8:43pm
post #8 of 8

I made some the other day with strawberry cake and a little strawberry filling. Covered them with white chocolate.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%