What Do You Think?

Decorating By katwomen1up Updated 28 Aug 2007 , 12:20am by TooMuchCake

katwomen1up Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwomen1up Posted 25 Aug 2007 , 12:03am
post #1 of 4

Hi All, I have an Ice Cream cake to do for this Sunday. I would like to put a transfer on the cake. I would like to do something special as I can't think of anything 3 D to do that would be quick B4 the ice-cream starts to melt. I have two Questions;

I'm doing a white cake with Neapolitan Ice cream; which would taste better, BC or Bettercreme?

Can you put an edible transfer on Ice-cream cake??

TIA
Kat

3 replies
TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 2:53pm
post #2 of 4

I'm probably too late with an answer, but I once made a frozen pie (the yogurt/whip cream kind) for my husband with an EI of The Incredibles on it, and it was fine. Also, when I worked at the ice cream store making their ice cream cakes, we used Bettercream on them.

Deanna

katwomen1up Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwomen1up Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 12:09am
post #3 of 4

Thanks for answering me. I made it yesterday, it was okay. I decided to omit the transfer because it wasn't going to look good with neopaliton frosting on top. I used the Bettercreme but can't seem to get the consistancy right. Some was too thick and some too thin. I was afraid to thin it because when I do it normally gets thicker. I don't work with it that mucn though. I'm sure it would be easier if I did. Can I ask you what is the best type of cake to use? I noticed when we cut into the cake it was a little saugy. Was that from taking it in and out of the freezer to work on it?

Thanks,
Kat

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 12:20am
post #4 of 4

We used really basic chocolate or white cakes at the shop, and worked with them frozen as much as possible. We ordered them in in sheets, and cut out the circles to the right size for whatever we were making. Then we torted them while still frozen (unleash the inner cave man!) and put ice cream between the layers so that there were two layers of cake and two layers of ice cream, refroze them, then flipped them out onto cake boards and stuck them back in the freezer again to keep them hard until it was their turn to be iced. My guess is that your cakes thawed too much and absorbed some melting ice cream, but I'm not sure. Make another - they're too tasty not to make more than one! - and work as fast as you can. If the sides aren't really smooth when you're working with the Bettercream, notice that the ones you buy in stores are usually combed on the sides or they're side-crumbed. That's how we get around that, LOL.

Deanna

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%