Do You Know Where I Can Buy Either Of These 2 Things?

Business By wgoat5 Updated 26 Apr 2008 , 9:47pm by wgoat5

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 11:01pm
post #1 of 30

I wanted to know if there is a standard size cupcake pan holding 24 AND also where I can buy a van magnet that says something to the effect... Cake in transit or something similar to let people know that is why I am going slow icon_confused.gif . Soooo if anybody has any clue where I can get either of these two things (if I can even get a 24 cc pan) please give me a hint to where...I looked here on CC for the magnet but they were out icon_cry.gif .

TIA

29 replies
KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 11:08pm
post #2 of 30

I have seen 24 cc pans at restaurant supply places, but they are much more heavy duty than the regular ones. I think you can get a magnet like that on this site...

wgoat5 Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 11:14pm
post #3 of 30

yeah I knew CC had it but they are out icon_sad.gif

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 11:16pm
post #4 of 30

I've been waiting for the car magnet to become in stock for ages. Today I gave in and clicked the button for it to notify me when it's in stock.

It is specific to "wedding cake in transit" but I figure people will be more patient regardless of what cake I have on board if they think it's a wedding cake (does anyone have success while using these car magnets?).

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 11:23pm
post #5 of 30

I wish I could remember what place had them but there is definetly a cake store online that sells the premade magnets that say cake on board or something to that effect. Let me check the place Im thinking of.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 11:56pm
post #6 of 30

http://www.equippers.com/shop/search.aspx?q=cupcake

I get a lot of my equipment from this place and their shipping is very reasonable, too.

I just printed up a sign on 8x11 paper in large font and slid it into a plastic sleeve and taped it on the inside of my back window: "Caution: Wedding Cake Delivery".

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 11:59pm
post #7 of 30

I found a site online which makes magnetic signs and you can "design" your own, add your phone number, etc. It looks like you can order multiples for a discount.
http://www.mrmagneticsigns.com/?gclid=CJSb_6ylj44CFQ2aOAodln6RDg

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 25 Aug 2007 , 12:50am
post #8 of 30

Just don't forget that if you advertise on your vehicle, that it is then considered a work vehicle and you need commercial (read: more expensive) insurance.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong; trying to remember what I read in a post last week.

Cake_Mooma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Mooma Posted 25 Aug 2007 , 12:53am
post #9 of 30

I know that if you go to Walmart, Staples or Office Depot or any office supply store you can find Magnet paper and you can print one of your own. I know they are about $7.00 for a pakage of I think it is 3 - 5 sheets. You can make one and put on each side and on the back. They are a good deal.

I hope that helps.

Vicky

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 25 Aug 2007 , 1:17am
post #10 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleM77

Just don't forget that if you advertise on your vehicle, that it is then considered a work vehicle and you need commercial (read: more expensive) insurance.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong; trying to remember what I read in a post last week.

You are absolutely correct. It may have been one of my posts because I am sharing that info a lot on here.

As with any insurance or legal information: Check with your agent or attorney to see how it works in YOUR state, but.....

Per my insurance agent, if I am involved in a car wreck in my personal car while making a buisness delivery, then my personal auto insurance will NOT cover the incident. I am basically uninsured for that incident.

That's why I switched one of my personal vehicles then added my delivery van to a commercial insurance policy. To give you a "for instance", my personal auto premium for full coverage for 2 vehicles was about $600 a year. My commerical auto policy for full coverage for 2 vehicles is over $2200 a year.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 25 Aug 2007 , 1:37am
post #11 of 30

You know what, it probably was you indydebi, because I have so many of your posts saved as business info it's not even funny! You are a wealth of knowledge. What would be do without you?!?!

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 25 Aug 2007 , 1:57am
post #12 of 30

how many cupcake pans do ya need?

i got a few extras.........i hardly make cupcakes anymore.....

mjulian Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjulian Posted 25 Aug 2007 , 2:10am
post #13 of 30

I am going to help out this company called Colorxpress in souther MO they are really great people and the service is wounderful.
1-800-213-1755

They made one for me and it is great! They can make it any color any size with any font so it can match your logo.

(these people may or may not be my parents) hehe

wgoat5 Posted 25 Aug 2007 , 2:13am
post #14 of 30

well actually I have 3 of the dozen pans...just was being lazy and wanted to find some 24 cc holding pans lol. I don't HAVE to have them...I would like to have them but it's not a I HAVE TO OR Else kind of situation.
Well I guess no magnet for me LOL 2200.00 WOW big time insurance premium, kinda like being 16 again!

Thanks again guys!!!

Hey littlecake we share the same Birthday!!! icon_biggrin.gif

mjulian Posted 25 Aug 2007 , 2:16am
post #15 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

Well I guess no magnet for me LOL 2200.00 WOW big time insurance premium, kinda like being 16 again!

I don't get it. The cost of the maginet was 2200.00?

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 25 Aug 2007 , 2:21am
post #16 of 30

Word of advice dont forget to take it off your car after you deliver your cake. I made the mistake of going to Target after and forgot and someone stole it. I had the one from here.

I bought business sigsn for my car at www.buildasign.com awesome customer service super fast shipping and what a great product. full color 12x24 and I got 2 for 63 bucks. they were having a sale when I bought them.

Now I am buying ones that say caution cake delivery for the back and front of my car.

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 25 Aug 2007 , 2:29am
post #17 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjulian

Quote:

I don't get it. The cost of the maginet was 2200.00?

The cost of the magnet is not $2200. The cost of displaying the magnet and having your vehicle now considered a commercial vehicle because you are using it as part of your cake business to transport cakes...your insurance changes from personal to commercial and jumps as high as $2200. At least in the example given.

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 25 Aug 2007 , 2:31am
post #18 of 30

Forgot to add... to anyone wanting a magnet, you can buy magnet sheets at office supply stores and simply design and print your own. I've done this and they do turn out quite well.

CelebrationCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CelebrationCakery Posted 25 Aug 2007 , 2:38am
post #19 of 30

I just found a sign for you at

http://www.earlenescakes.com/store/signs.html

is says,"Cake on the Way" with a turtle on it....[/url]

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 25 Aug 2007 , 2:41am
post #20 of 30

I have a 24 cupcake pan and love it. They have one, brand new, listed on ebay right now for $19.00 and $10. shipping. Just type in muffin pan 24. They also have a used one listed. Mine is the heavy duty professional one and it is really handy to put one pan in and be done. It is also a lot heavier than the regular pans and bakes awesome cupcakes.

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 25 Aug 2007 , 2:53am
post #21 of 30
mjulian Posted 25 Aug 2007 , 3:02am
post #22 of 30

the 2200 make sence now and I guess im illegal cause I just put one on there anyway just to be nice to the people behind me when i am taking corners and turns really slow.

Unless I die which i better if I had a wreck delievering a cake I would just take it off the back (kidding!!)

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 25 Aug 2007 , 3:22am
post #23 of 30

thats why we rock so hard!

i used to live in kentucky too!...in 1975 lol.

well if you decide you need any of the 24 count cupcake pans....lemme know!....

theres a lot of stuff i don't use anymore i'm gonna sell on ebay...if i ever get a spare minute!

Alligande Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alligande Posted 25 Aug 2007 , 2:21pm
post #24 of 30

Commercial insurance is weird, one of our SUVs has commercial insurance on the same policy as my husbands business liabilty and the insurance for full comp is cheaper than when the truck was insured regularly... you never can tell.

Cake_Mooma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Mooma Posted 25 Aug 2007 , 3:16pm
post #25 of 30
Quote:

Hey littlecake we share the same Birthday!!! icon_biggrin.gif

You guys share my son's birthday, he's a little/big guy. 11/21/97 That makes him 10 this Nov, but he is a big guy 139 Pounds and almost 5 feet tall but has a HUGE heart icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

VIcky

Edibleart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Edibleart Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 3:34pm
post #26 of 30

I'm resurrecting an old post here - I was looking for a 24 cup muffin pan also. Did you ever get one? How do you like it? Which one did you get? I have seen a few online but haven't seen too many reviews so I'm a little leary!!!

KellJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellJ Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 7:37pm
post #27 of 30

www.vistaprint.com is where I got my car magnets I actually got mine for free! This company runs tons of free specials. I've gotten all my business cards, letter heads, ink pens, note pads, sticky notes and stamps for free, just paid for P&H.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 8:11pm
post #28 of 30

Vistaprint.com now has magnets..... they will try to sell you lots of things...but lots of things are free, too. Very unique company!

Jen icon_smile.gif

vrmcc1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vrmcc1 Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 9:24pm
post #29 of 30

Check out local commerical auctions for equipment. www.auctionzip.com has a lot of listings. I got 12 of the 24 count muffin pans for $4 or $6 (for all of them) I can remember now. Have also gotten a ton of other great deals.

wgoat5 Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 9:47pm
post #30 of 30

No I never did.. In fact after I wrote the last time on here I never got a email saying there was a response UGHHH... So I know it's a little late but THANK YOU LOL...

No I couldn't find a place to store those big boys LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%