I Need A Pink Cake (Not Frosting/icing But Cake, Cake)

Decorating By sunflowerfreak Updated 25 Aug 2007 , 12:50am by novacaine24

sunflowerfreak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunflowerfreak Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 10:40pm
post #1 of 12

I am looking for a recipe for a pink cake. Not for the icing but for the cake itself. I saw the pink champagne cake recipe but I don't think I want that one. Anyone have a recipe? thanks

sunflowerfreak

11 replies
Elserj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elserj Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 10:47pm
post #2 of 12

You could always do a white cake with some "pink" food coloring in it. I made a green cake once like that. It was for St Patty's day of course.

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 10:47pm
post #3 of 12

What about strawberry?

beesting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beesting Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 10:57pm
post #4 of 12

i made a pink cake once before... just made a white buttercake and added a couple of teaspoons of cochineal essence or pink food colour would work the same... the only thing is when it was cooked it looked alittle greenish on the out side ( like the colouring didnt work) but once i cut into it it was pink alright....

crumbscakeartistry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbscakeartistry Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 10:57pm
post #5 of 12

I would do strawbeery or just add in pink food coloring. You can get the exact shade you want. Very easy.

CourtneysCustomCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CourtneysCustomCakes Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 11:10pm
post #6 of 12

I am in the process right now of baking my new recipe. I was going to wait until I was finished to see how it turned out to post it but, the batter tastes really good so I'll give it to you.

It is Strawberry cheesecake cake.

I used vanilly cake batter, Strawberry nectar instead of water, strawberry puree(just a couple spoonfulls), a box of cheesecake pudding and the rest of the ingredients per the box.

The batter is a pale pink. And so far it tastes good.

If you want it pinker you can add food coloring I guess.

cCc

Ginnycakes3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ginnycakes3 Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 11:59pm
post #7 of 12

Strawberry glaze would work to! icon_smile.gif

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 25 Aug 2007 , 12:05am
post #8 of 12

Like the other posters, I just add in my Americolor gels to the batter. Works like a charm. Lots of times I also tie-dye the batter so it is all kinds of colors.

Good Luck!

-Michelle

DanaJones Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DanaJones Posted 25 Aug 2007 , 12:09am
post #9 of 12

My mother in law made me a baby shower cake the other day and since we dont know exactly what sex we are having, she made the cake with two layers.... one was pink and the other was blue. She used white cake and added plain old food coloring into the mix... it turned out really cute and tasted great just like always!! icon_lol.gif

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 25 Aug 2007 , 12:19am
post #10 of 12

My suggestion is to use some of the juice from a jar of marashino cherries. Add it to a white cake recipe. Gives a nice flavor and color.

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 25 Aug 2007 , 12:23am
post #11 of 12

Oh good idea Price!

novacaine24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
novacaine24 Posted 25 Aug 2007 , 12:50am
post #12 of 12

I was just trying a new recipe also, lol...
white cake mix (DH no less!) + 1 small pkg of strawberry jello= a deep carnation pink...not hot pink, just a nice, rich shade.
HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%