Whipped Ganache, Want It To Work!

Decorating By kymscakes Updated 24 Sep 2007 , 7:45pm by RRGibson

kymscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kymscakes Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 9:02pm
post #1 of 5

I have tried whipped ganache before with no success, seems so simple, I don't know what I am doing wrong. So, I made the ganache, it is in the fridge cooling, now do I whip it while it is just cool and a little mushy or do I wait until it is cold and firm? Then do I just plop in in to the KA and whip with the wisk attachment?
Thanks in advance,
Kym

4 replies
NewbeeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NewbeeBaker Posted 25 Aug 2007 , 1:27am
post #2 of 5

I don't whip it until it is set. Are you using the correct ratio of cream to chocolate? That will effect how it turns out. Here is a recipe in the CC recipes section that is 5 stars for whipped ganache=) HTH some, Jen

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2328-Whipped-Chocolate-Ganache.html

sbcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sbcakes Posted 25 Aug 2007 , 1:38am
post #3 of 5

Make sure you are using a heavy whipping cream. Sometimes it takes a while in the mixer to get it to firm up, I put it on a higher setting. I usually make mine and refrigerate overnight and whip the next morning.

tchrmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tchrmom Posted 25 Aug 2007 , 1:40am
post #4 of 5

Once the ganache is stiff, what do you do with it? Can it stil be spread? Softened and poured? I did one last weekend from Cake Decorating for Dummies that was not whipped-- just cream and chocolate chips in the microwave and then poured over cake. It wasn't much different from the syrup that was made from choc chips and half-and-half that was poured over the layers first.

RRGibson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RRGibson Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 7:45pm
post #5 of 5

Does the whipped ganache become substantially lighter in color than the normal ganache?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%