C&h Pure Cane Powdered Sugar

Decorating By sharonpmp Updated 26 Aug 2007 , 1:39am by gscout73

sharonpmp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharonpmp Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 1:30am
post #1 of 12

Hello...does anyone know where I can purchase C&H pure cane powdered sugar online or in a retail store? I am in Columbia, SC and have never seen it on the shelves...

Thanks,

Sharon

11 replies
katwomen1up Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwomen1up Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 2:25am
post #2 of 12

I've never seen it, have you done a search on google or anything? Also try their website.

Kat

hellie0h Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hellie0h Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 2:29am
post #3 of 12

I'm afraid I can't be much of a help, we have one store here in my town that sells the C&H Brand, Meijers. The other stores don't carry it. You may want to call around to some of the smaller grocery chains to check. I went to the C&H web site, doesn't have any search feature to see if they sell in your state. Good luck.

bakenboi29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakenboi29 Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 2:42am
post #4 of 12

You may want to try Ebay or a search in Yahoo. Have you considered using domino powdered sugar? I use that all the time and never have any problems.

cwcopeland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cwcopeland Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 2:45am
post #5 of 12

Your local Wal Mart doesn't have it? Ours only carries C&H and the Wal Mart brand. I know you're not in my area. I shop at the WM in Sherman, TX. I assumed that all WM's carried the same brands.

cakesbycombs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycombs Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 2:50am
post #6 of 12

my Wm has it too, it's the only sugar i use

nrctermite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nrctermite Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 2:51am
post #7 of 12

According to their website: They don't sell here in South Carolina. I just had a wonderful friend mail me some from Cali. You can order it from them online though - if you are really interested.

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 2:56am
post #8 of 12

Sometimes our Costco here in California has CH p.sugar .....you might check your Costco or Sams club.......Good luck...it would be quite a savings if you can get it in bulk....and it doesn't spoil.....

Melody25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melody25 Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 3:03am
post #9 of 12

Do you have a HyVee grocery store? The Hy Vee brand is pure cane sugar. Says so on the bag. Only ingredients listed are Sugar and cornstarch. Just start reading labels if you cant find the C&H brand.

sharonpmp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharonpmp Posted 25 Aug 2007 , 2:32pm
post #10 of 12

Thanks everyone; you guys are great! Once I find, will let you know how it turns out.

bigsisof3kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigsisof3kids Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 1:10am
post #11 of 12

Here in Michigan, the only place I can find it is Meijers (which I think is only a regional store...I think) and we have a little store called "Hi-lite" that carries it. Sorry, not much help.

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 1:39am
post #12 of 12

icon_surprised.gif I have not seen that brand since I left Cali-freakin-fornia in '84. But being here in Fla we have Dixie crystals. Just what's grown here... icon_rolleyes.gif

There are many brands of cane sugar. The only real difference is where it is grown. C& H is California & Hawaii, both states high in mineral rich volcanic soil which is best for growing most anything. Like the grapes that made the wine I am sipping... icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%