Fondant Monkey & Bananas?

Decorating By KellyAnne1284 Updated 24 Aug 2007 , 3:31pm by KellyAnne1284

KellyAnne1284 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellyAnne1284 Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 12:34am
post #1 of 6

Does anyone have a tutorial, or any tips, advice or instructions they could give me? Hubby saw a really cool cake on here...a huge mound of bananas with a monkey on top. I'd like to make a monkey banana cake for him (at his request, lol)....but I don't know where to start! I emailed the original maker, but haven't heard back. HELP ME PLEEEEEEASEEEE!!!!!!!

5 replies
fiasmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiasmama Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 1:01am
post #2 of 6

heres a bump because I am searching the same thing

KellyAnne1284 Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 1:58pm
post #3 of 6

Seriously, Nobody has any tips???

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 2:11pm
post #4 of 6

I have a tutorial that I used that someone gave me for a monkey cake when I made my Boots cake. The banana's are easy. Make a ball about the size of a golf ball. Then begin shaping it into the moon. Take the gumpaste and press some of the edges on a counter to get the peel effect. Coloring: use a cocoa color on the ends with a dab of black. Take the same cocoa color and make a few brown spots on the body. Use a light green torward the ends of the moon and sweep inward. Then use a canary yellow to finish. You can see my banana in my pics along with Boots. I will pm you and forward you the tutorial

NewbeeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NewbeeBaker Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 3:12pm
post #5 of 6

Here is a link to the Wilton website that has instuctions on how to make an amazon cake. It includes how to make a fondant monkey(and other animals). Hopefully this will help you some=) Jen

http://www.wilton.com/recipes/recipesandprojects/yearbook/amazingamazon.cfm

KellyAnne1284 Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 3:31pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks Jen. I actually did look at the Wilton tutorial before I came and posted here. Their Monkey looks more like a bear to me....not exactly the effect I was going for. Thanks though!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%