Triathalon Cake?

Decorating By Cassie1686 Updated 30 Aug 2007 , 12:52am by milocat15

Cassie1686 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cassie1686 Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 10:07pm
post #1 of 3

I have a friend that just finished a triathalon. I am making her a cake (her mom wants it to be a sheet cake) and I am trying to think of ideas. Anyone have any suggestions? I want it to include all three sports, running, swimming, and biking. Thanks everyone!

2 replies
jendalain Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jendalain Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 12:55am
post #2 of 3

How exciting! I love to watch triathalons, but haven't actually tried it yet. :-0

She wants a sheet cake? Hmm...I'm not all that great with fondant. But, if you are, what if you molded a runner. Make sure you add the bib. The runner is at the "starting line" you have a road that deadends into a lake. From there, you can have a swimmer's head (with swim cap) and arm coming out of the water. The water rolls up on a road. At this point, I would buy a toy bike with a cyclist on it. Have the finish line towards the end of the road and the bike is going thru the sign.

Along the road, you could make some fondant street signs: "Great Job" "keep the Pace" Winner" etc.

Hope this helps.

Jen

milocat15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milocat15 Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 12:52am
post #3 of 3

I have a variation of the above, if you're not that great with fondant ( I know I'm not) maybe make a path with regular icing that leads into a pond (once again, frosting) and then you can make an proportional sign at the end that says Good Job! Along the path, above it, you could put a pair of sneakers, a bike, and a swimmer in the "lake". Same idea as above, but instead of fondant, just use colored icing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%