1St Place Rolled Icing...

Decorating By adven68 Updated 24 Oct 2006 , 2:29am by mom_of_4girls

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 11:47am
post #31 of 61

Thanks to everyone....if you want to see the photos of the other entries, mary-ann has them on her photos page........take a look...

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos-by-mary-ann.html

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 11:54am
post #32 of 61

Wow all the cakes are incredible!!!!! Adven your cake is absolutely amazing!!!!

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 12:23pm
post #33 of 61

Congratulations!!!! I am not worthy! (Visualise me saying this as I am kneeling at your feet) Your cakes are stupendous!!!!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 12:37pm
post #34 of 61

So awesome! Is that for the Atlantic City Expo? I almost went there except dh was already busy, so I didn't have a babysitter....and also anyway I had a huge cake order to fill.

Wow great job!

Did you use cake dummies! What are you going to do with it now?

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 12:55pm
post #35 of 61

WOW!!! Those cakes are truly amazing!!
I have a question. I was looking at all of those cakes and was wondering if that one with the fall looking flowers, (100_1593) had lights in it? The yellow roses look as though they are lit up. Were they?

adven68 Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 1:08pm
post #36 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru

WOW!!! Those cakes are truly amazing!!
I have a question. I was looking at all of those cakes and was wondering if that one with the fall looking flowers, (100_1593) had lights in it? The yellow roses look as though they are lit up. Were they?

Yes, as a matter of fact....she had some kind of lcd lights that she piped the roses right onto. You can buy small lcd lights in various forms at party stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

Did you use cake dummies! What are you going to do with it now?

I am going to display it in a store in Greenwich, CT. It's like a gourmet supermarket with a bakery. They will forward the orders to me.

Eliza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eliza Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 1:12pm
post #37 of 61

icon_surprised.gif WOW!! Your cake is beautiful. Congrats!! party.gif

midgit1205 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
midgit1205 Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 1:15pm
post #38 of 61

WOW icon_surprised.gif OMG icon_surprised.gif WOWZERS icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif Adven that cake is amazing. Congratualtions on a well deserved win!!!!

Janeil

That little cake is amazing as well. AAHHH the talent that I just don't have!!! icon_cry.gificon_redface.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 1:41pm
post #39 of 61

I'm speechless, your cake is amazing! Congratulations on a well deserved win!!!

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 1:53pm
post #40 of 61

icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

I wish I could be half as good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your cakes are just .... well actually I don't know English enough to find the right word!!! Or is there such a thing!!! I'm so speechless.....

My jaw just hit the floor.... I hope I don't get a bruise, it'll be hard to explain where I got it icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

auntsushi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntsushi Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 2:04pm
post #41 of 61

Beautiful work (as always) !!

How in the world do you find the time to do these cakes(really)??? I can't even find time to practice making flowers in between my Wilton classes every week !! And I don't have any small kids at home (or any kids for that matter!!). I really would like to know your secret. Are you able to do decorating during the day or just in the evenings?

Congrats on such great work. I think your stuff is terrific !!

sugartopped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugartopped Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 2:13pm
post #42 of 61

adven....your cake is amazing!! congrats on the win!

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 2:24pm
post #43 of 61

Your work always amazes me. Your cake is beautiful. If I was just looking at the picture and didn't know the story behind it, I wouldn't even know it was a cake! Outstanding job!

kdhoffert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdhoffert Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 3:18pm
post #44 of 61

congrats your cake is beautiful. I was looking through the pics of the expo. It's kinda cool. There's a pic of one of the little bakeries that we always get treats from when we visit my in-laws in PA. It's a really small place, but they have really good pastries. It's the one that has 4 round beach themed cakes and a treasure chest with the thing on it that says the greatest treasure of life is love. achenbach's is the name of the place.

missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 3:24pm
post #45 of 61

LOVE IT!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

confectionaryperfection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectionaryperfection Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 11:27pm
post #46 of 61

lol

adven68 Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 12:31am
post #47 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by confectionaryperfection

lol

just curious....what made you lol?

Vmoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vmoore Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 2:12am
post #48 of 61

I am so very excited to say that I was at the Expo when they handed out the ribbons and your cake was utterly fantastic! I was evern lucky enough to ask you about it! I only wish I had know you were a CC Addict--we could have bonded! icon_lol.gif

Congrats again! The competition was very strong but your cake was truly "extreme" and fully deserved the ribbon! Enjoy it!

adven68 Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 2:34am
post #49 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmoore

I was evern lucky enough to ask you about it! I only wish I had know you were a CC Addict--we could have bonded! icon_lol.gif

Congrats again! The competition was very strong but your cake was truly "extreme" and fully deserved the ribbon! Enjoy it!

Thank you so much!!! Tell me what you said to me...I'll remember! I was asking alot of folks if they belonged to CC but nobody said yes. I should have kept asking!

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 2:46am
post #50 of 61

I knew you would win!!! I couldn't wait for you to post the pictures icon_biggrin.gif You are as talented as they come thumbs_up.gif I am feeling very inadequate right now icon_cry.gif

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 2:52am
post #51 of 61

It looks great! Just wondering if the images on the sides were edible images or stencils or painted? Can't tell from the picture. Very creative!

HollyPJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HollyPJ Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 2:57am
post #52 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by SueW

I knew you would win!!! I couldn't wait for you to post the pictures icon_biggrin.gif You are as talented as they come thumbs_up.gif I am feeling very inadequate right now icon_cry.gif

Never let someone else's skill make you feel inadequate! You don't know what you're capable of yet. Keep practicing and use what you see others doing as inspiration instead of letting it get you down.

icon_biggrin.gif

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 3:01am
post #53 of 61

Well said HollyPJ!! I was thumbing through Adven68's pix the other day and feeling miserable about myself, then I said, "Wait... maybe I should look at her as an inspiration! I want to be that good! Instead of being sad that I'm not there yet, I should be excited that I have something to push for!" So thanks Adven for pushing us toward our best!!

YummyFireMummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YummyFireMummy Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 3:41am
post #54 of 61

OMG I don't believe thats really a cake!! You are soooo talented...maybe I'll get there one day!!!

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 1:45pm
post #55 of 61

Thanks HollyPJ! I am just starting out and don't have a lot of confidence. I find myself just watching what everyone else can do but actually afraid to try it myself. I know that is silly icon_redface.gif I think I will go practice some flowers now icon_biggrin.gif

LisaMS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMS Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 2:11pm
post #56 of 61

Adven, I was wowing over this cake the other day but didn't realize it was yours! icon_smile.gif Should have known. LOL Very creative, as usual!

formerbuckeye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
formerbuckeye Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 4:31pm
post #57 of 61

Once again, you have outdone yourself! Just breathtaking. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

mary-ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mary-ann Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 4:43pm
post #58 of 61

The link to all the pictures from the AC Bakery Expo is:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos_thumb_127.html

mlynnb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlynnb Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 4:48pm
post #59 of 61

Wow, that cake is truly amazing, but then again, everything you do is amazing. Am I remembering incorrectly, or did I read on another post that you actually haven't been doing cakes for all that long? icon_eek.gif

RachelC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RachelC Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 5:16pm
post #60 of 61

Wow! I'm so speechless! Great job- that was amazingly beautiful! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%