Fondant Push Mold Seen On Foodnetwork Cookie Challenge

Decorating By ps3884 Updated 24 Oct 2006 , 9:54am by eilers

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 21 Oct 2006 , 11:54pm
post #1 of 23

Does anyone know where I can find a fondant push mold for tiny roses? I saw this on the Foodnetwork Cookie Challenge back a while ago. One of the ladies made wedding cake sugar cookies and decorated them with tiny roses (at least I think they were roses). I believe it was a fondant push mold. Any ideas? I thought they were so cute and would love to try this.

22 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 5:21am
post #2 of 23

http://www.sweetc.com/Cat/Set7/078.pdf

There are some here. Your best bet is to do an internet search for "silcone rose mold." There are many out there.

ps3884 Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 7:11pm
post #3 of 23

Thanks TexasSugar. There's one on that sight that is close to what I was looking for. I think that mold is actually a little bigger than what I'm remembering from the show but, I think I'm going to order it.

Anyone else have suggestions? I've been searching on-line with no luck. TIA

IHATEFONDANT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IHATEFONDANT Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 7:14pm
post #4 of 23

Try First Impressions molds..

SugaryGoodness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaryGoodness Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 7:25pm
post #5 of 23

I remember that show and the lady you are talking about is a memeber of CC. You could ask her directly. I do not have her membername at home but I will look it up for you tomorrow

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 7:30pm
post #6 of 23

OMG - I have been looking for that mold forever! Those tiny little roses were so cute. I thought it looked like a sculptey mold but I checked all the stores and online and couldn't find it.... Wasn't it one mold with a bunch of openings for those little flowers so you could do a bunch at one time?

ps3884 Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 7:35pm
post #7 of 23

IHATEFONDANT - First Impressions has some great molds! Thank you, I hadn't come across that site yet. There are two that I think might be what I was looking for (and so many others I would like to buy now too - okay, one project at a time icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif ).

mrs_planeflyer - that would be great. I'll hold off ordering the others to see if she's able to give us any info. Thanks.

CakeDiva73-it was one mold that made a whole bunch of tiny roses. If I remember right, she used tweezers to place them on the cookies because they were so small.

Glad others know what I'm talking about. icon_biggrin.gif Thanks for all of your help!!

georgies_girl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
georgies_girl Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 7:57pm
post #8 of 23

This is the mold, I believe. I love it! It's a little less then 2" square and each rose is 3/8".
LL

IHATEFONDANT Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 9:56pm
post #9 of 23

That is cute!!

All you need to do is find out who sells it.

I've purchased a few of the First Impressions molds. Very high quality and worth the money.

eilers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eilers Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 9:59pm
post #10 of 23

georgies_girl, PLEASE let us know where you got it!!!!

georgies_girl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
georgies_girl Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 10:28pm
post #11 of 23

I wish I could remember....I believe I got it when I bought a box of cake toys from a lady who was selling some things a few years ago. Maybe between the bunch of us we can find it online??

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 10:36pm
post #12 of 23

TexasSugar gave a link in her post it looks to me to be the same exact mold!!!

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 10:38pm
post #13 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgies_girl

I wish I could remember....I believe I got it when I bought a box of cake toys from a lady who was selling some things a few years ago. Maybe between the bunch of us we can find it online??

There's a rose mold like that at the link that TexasSugar posted. Its near the bottom of the page.

http://www.sweetc.com/Cat/Set7/078.pdf

-Rezzy

IHATEFONDANT Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 11:52pm
post #14 of 23

I think that is it Rezzy.

ps3884 Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 1:04am
post #15 of 23

I bookmarked that page. I noticed that one too. I can't wait to get one of these. Thanks for the help everyone!

Kate714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kate714 Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 1:13am
post #16 of 23

I want those snowflakes!!!

sorry, a little off topic, but those are cool icon_biggrin.gif

ps3884 Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 1:19am
post #17 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate714

I want those snowflakes!!!

sorry, a little off topic, but those are cool icon_biggrin.gif

I agree! I started off looking for the mini roses and as usual, my shopping cart is going to have more in it! icon_confused.gificon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif

mom4kidsnm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom4kidsnm Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 1:29am
post #18 of 23

Here is a link to her website.

http://www.cakesandcookiesbymarylynn.com/

Emily

ps3884 Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 2:05pm
post #19 of 23

I pm'd mari about the mold she used. Unfortunately, where she got hers is now out of business. icon_cry.gif It was from Rosemary Watson (Sugar Bouquets) and is called the sweet 16 rose mold. I tried doing a search but had no luck, not even on e-bay. icon_sad.gif The others we saw seem pretty close though so, I'm going to give them a try.

SugaryGoodness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaryGoodness Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 2:32pm
post #20 of 23

I did not save her member name. Frustrating because I just looked at her pictures on Friday and remembered she had the wedding cookie that she was placing the molded fondant flower on it. Then when I read your post - I knew exactly what you were talking about. I haven't been able to find her on here but here is her website:

www.cakesandcookiesbymarylynn.com

But that "sweetc" link looks like it to me too! Like you I found all sorts of stuff I "need" now! icon_biggrin.gif

gleep Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gleep Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 9:37pm
post #21 of 23

You can get new versions of the Sugar bouquets molds from Sunflower Sugar Art. Global Sugar Art sells pretty much all of her stuff. The molds are excellent quality. Here is a link to the tiny rose mold at Global Sugar Art.http://globalsugarart.com/customer/product.php?productid=19306&cat=&page=1

eilers Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 9:45am
post #22 of 23

Found it, I think!! At least it looks very similar at this site ...
http://www.sugarcraft.com/catalog/gumpaste/gp-roses.htm#roses
I want one!!!

eilers Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 9:54am
post #23 of 23

Sorry gleep, was posting when your reply came in. I think they're one in the same mold!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%