Cake Decorating Made Easy Video's?

Decorating By kdaze Updated 21 Oct 2006 , 6:02pm by kdaze

kdaze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdaze Posted 21 Oct 2006 , 5:03pm
post #1 of 4

Hi! I was just wondering has anyone ordered the cake decorating made easy video's? www.cakesmadeeasy.com I was interested and just wandered if you thought they were worth it. I have taken the 3 wilton courses and still consider myself a beginer. If not are there any others you would recomend? Thanks for your time. usaribbon.gif
Karrie

3 replies
veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 21 Oct 2006 , 5:10pm
post #2 of 4

Is this the one that has the website that advertises?
If it is, no, I didn't get it, and don't think it is worth it.

I have a few that are pretty good:

Alternative to rolled fondant, from www.masonsbakery.com

Cakes u Make from www.cakesumake.com

Buttercream Flowers from www.cakegenie.comj

Others recommend Nicolas Lodge's videos pretty highly, but I haven't ordered any. They are available on his website.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 21 Oct 2006 , 5:32pm
post #3 of 4

I get e-mail tips from cakesmadeeasy. I also ordered their latest videos and manual (since my computer is so ssslowww, that I can't do streaming video....)

Anyway, the videos were extremely basic, and in order to catch the technique you'd have to rewind over and over, since most were only shown once.

The manual was nice, but no great shakes. I have a manual of tips, techniques and recipes that I've composed from info gleaned from this and other sites that is 100 times bigger (and growing) icon_eek.gif

When I returned the videos and manual, they were very nice about the return and promptly credited my paypal account.

I think the wealth of info available on CC alone, surpasses the content of the manual. If you are a visual learner, I'd opt for advanced Wilton classes or different videos..

JMHO

kdaze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdaze Posted 21 Oct 2006 , 6:02pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for your insight. I think I will save my money and look elseware. The videos from Nicholas Lodge look good but right now I am more concened with mastering buttercream technigues.
Thanks,
Karrie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%