Help Me Keep This Going, Please

Lounge By veejaytx Updated 9 Mar 2007 , 1:25pm by gmcakes

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 21 Oct 2006 , 2:04pm
post #1 of 504

I posted this in the "How Do I" forum, thinking it would be read there, but no...they are reading by the thousands the moan and groan threads, and "poor me I can't figure out how to do this" threads, but very few are bothering with this one. Hope you guys here will help keep it up top, it doesn't cost anything, takes only a few seconds and will do a lot of good:

Hope this is okay to put in here! I just got this in an email and thought you all should see it.

"A favor to ask, it only takes a minute....

Please tell ten friends to tell ten today! The Breast Cancer site is having trouble getting enough people to click on their site daily to meet their quota of donating at least one free mammogram a day to an underprivileged woman. It takes less than a minute to go to their site and click on "donating a mammogram" for free (pink window in the middle).

This doesn't cost you a thing. Their corporate sponsors/advertisers use the number of daily visits to donate mammogram in exchange for advertising.

Here's the web site! Pass it along to people you know.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com

AGAIN, PLEASE TELL 10 FRIENDS TO TELL 10 TODAY "

For some reason the original link I got did not work, so I replaced it, this one should work, I just now did my click and it works. I do the same thing every day for the Animal Rescue people. I figure posting this here is a bunch better than just telling 10 friends, there are thousands of friends here on CC. Its a great way to help out, and it doesn't cost you anything but a few seconds of your time. Janice

MODERATOR EDITED TO HELP WITH THE CONNECTION PROBLEM...JUST CLICK TOP OF PAGE ONCE YOU CLICK THE SITE.

503 replies
mvigil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvigil Posted 21 Oct 2006 , 2:17pm
post #2 of 504

Thanks for the info I will click in! thumbs_up.gif

Eliza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eliza Posted 21 Oct 2006 , 2:20pm
post #3 of 504

The link doesn't work!! icon_cry.gif

(MODERATOR EDITED THE LINK)

hockeygirl658 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hockeygirl658 Posted 21 Oct 2006 , 2:21pm
post #4 of 504

Janice that is a great idea. I just added it to my favorites and will be sure to tell my girlfriends about it!

veejaytx Posted 21 Oct 2006 , 2:27pm
post #5 of 504

Thanks a lot ladies, I feel like it is definitely worth doing!

Here's the link again, give it a try!

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com

if the link doesn't work just type in thebreastcancersite.com, it should get you there!

Thanks so much. Janice

Samsgranny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Samsgranny Posted 21 Oct 2006 , 2:28pm
post #6 of 504

VJ, site's not working, please help!

(MODERATOR EDITED THE LINK)

veejaytx Posted 21 Oct 2006 , 2:53pm
post #7 of 504

It is working like a charm for me, don't know what the problem can be, unless they just get so busy.

What does it say when you click on the link?

veejaytx Posted 21 Oct 2006 , 3:30pm
post #8 of 504

I wonder how to go about changing the name of this thread to something enticing like "vote for the boobies" or somebody has an great avatar that says "save the ta-tas" maybe that would work.

Anyway, bump it up. Janice

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 21 Oct 2006 , 3:51pm
post #9 of 504

Hey I am so glad I stumbled across this thread. It wonderful to know that all I have to do is click on a pink button to help women who can't afford a mamogram get one for free. I have saved that site to my favorites and plan on clicking on it everyday. I sent it to my best friend also. Her mom is a breast cancer survivor. She has remained cancer free for around 7 years now. Thank you for posting this thread!!

veejaytx Posted 21 Oct 2006 , 4:06pm
post #10 of 504

Thank you for your post dordee! On the website there is a box to click where they will send you an email reminder, which I think is great...sign up for the Animal Rescue while you are there.

It is great to hear about survivors like that, tell your friend we are so glad for her and her mom. I don't personally have family members with breast cancer, but my dad died from lung cancer, and I figure if we can learn to cure one we can cure them all!

Keep it going! Janice

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 21 Oct 2006 , 6:56pm
post #11 of 504

I did it and wil pass it on to my girlfriends. thanks for the post.

Jennifer

veejaytx Posted 21 Oct 2006 , 6:59pm
post #12 of 504

Thanks Ohara. Somebody managed to get the whole thread deleted in the How Do I forum, can you imagine? Guess they didn't like something I said, and that is a shame since it was for a good cause.

I appreciate your passing it on! Janice

gmcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gmcakes Posted 21 Oct 2006 , 10:28pm
post #13 of 504

Sorry, Janice I just got home...was reading your PM in one window and was already pulling this thread up in another!

Ladies (and Gentleman) please help! This is so important, early diagnosis is the key to survival. I am 34 y/o, and 1 year ago this month, a childhood friend of mine lost her battle with breast cancer, as did another friend's Mom this past January! Let's all work on preventing another family from losing a Mother, Daughter, or Sister!!!

Cut and paste this link into your email:

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com (MODERATOR EDITED THE LINK)

...and send to all the women you know, and urge them to do the same! It can make a world of difference!!!

I just wrote an email with the link, and am sending it to everyone in my address file online, please do the same and help get the message out!

Please keep this going. We are a large group (50,000+ here at CC!), if we each send this to 10 people, you are talking about 1/2 million people we could reach!!!!!

HTH, Janice! thumbs_up.gif

veejaytx Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 1:59am
post #14 of 504

Thanks Glenda, I appreciate your input. So sorry about the friends having lost loved ones, I guess we all know somebody who has been through this.
I have a friend who had a double mastectomy a few years ago, and she is going strong, so there is hope. As you said, diagnosis is the key. Janice

veejaytx Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 7:36am
post #15 of 504

This is no bump, this is a shove! Come on friends, take a minute to do this good deed. The other thread has disappeared, so this is the only one working! Help some woman who can't afford it to get a mamogram, and maybe save her life! Janice

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 10:12pm
post #16 of 504

Janice---I'll help you!!! This must be posted somwhere else too because I'm certain I posted.

So, come on everyone!!!! Help keep this going. Everyone out there knows how important this issue is and it only takes seconds out of your day to go to the website and help others out.

There's even a daily email reminder you can sign up for and it takes you right to the website thumbs_up.gif K'ly

veejaytx Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 9:33am
post #17 of 504

Thanks again K'ly for your input.

Another day, another bump to keep this going.

gmcakes Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 8:41pm
post #18 of 504

Hi, everyone!

Just did my daily click! But while visiting the site, I noticed a small button on the left hand side of the page it reads: "Click Reminders".

Please click on this button!!!

The Breast Cancer Site will send you daily email reminders, even on weekends if you like to visit the page and click for free mammograms. I don't know about you, but sometimes I forget things and need a gentle reminder.

Also, if you click on this button to remind you, it will further prompt you to directions on how to invite any and all of your friends to visit the site as well!

The more people we have clicking, the more women will be able to get mammograms, that otherwise would not have access to this important diagnostic tool!!!

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 11:44pm
post #19 of 504

Bumping it up again!!!

veejaytx Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 10:59am
post #20 of 504

Thanks for the bump, TC, appreciate your help.

My mother just had a cancer scare, turned out fine, she basically just panicked, but it sure makes you think twice about this! Janice

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 1:43pm
post #21 of 504

Your welcome Jan~ I'm glad it was just a scare. Too many of us women have them~

veejaytx Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 6:54am
post #22 of 504

Here we go for another day! Keep on clicking! Janice

Samsgranny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Samsgranny Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 7:36am
post #23 of 504

Here's a bumpity bump bump thumbs_up.gif

gmcakes Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 12:27pm
post #24 of 504

Just did my click! Start you morning off right...visit the Breast Cancer Site and click to save a life!

Gonna put the link up again...it's not on this page!

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com (MODERATOR EDITED THE LINK)

Don't forget to tell your friends!!!

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 1:46pm
post #25 of 504

Another bump..... I also tried to fix everyones post that had the link that didnt seem to work.....hopefully now it will.....

I thankfully don't have to pay for them.... and I have a scheduled one on Nov 7..... so I understand the need for this..... my family history tells me to make sure I do this every year.

veejaytx Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 2:02pm
post #26 of 504

Thanks Flavy, and good for you to go have the mamogram on a regular basis. It is very important that we all do that! Janice

janicemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janicemarie Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 3:17pm
post #27 of 504

Good cause here!!! will send my email to friends out today....
keep it going!!! thumbs_up.gif

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 9:07pm
post #28 of 504

www.thebreastcancersite.com

bump,bump,bump

mewie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mewie Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 9:21pm
post #29 of 504

OK will do!

YummyFireMummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YummyFireMummy Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 9:22pm