Fear Factor Slime Filling

Decorating By danar217 Updated 23 Aug 2007 , 1:43am by ribbitfroggie

danar217 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danar217 Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 1:45pm
post #1 of 11

I have to make a Fear Factor cake. I have the basic design down with the bugs, worms, etc. but the mom said the grosser the better. She wants some kind of gross filling. I'm not sure of the cake flavor yet but she definitely wants chocolate frosting...so the cake will probably be chocolate, yellow or chocolate chip.
Any ideas on how to make a gross, slimey filling that would still taste good. Or something I can add to the filling?

10 replies
danar217 Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 2:58pm
post #2 of 11

Anyone?????????

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 3:03pm
post #3 of 11

How about lime or lemon curd...you could tint it a "grosser" green colour by adding food colour...it is slippy and shiney...perhaps put gummie worms in the filling...and gummy bugs if you can find them... icon_lol.gif

oops..I see she wants choc icing...the citrus wouldn't go well...how about dripping ganache with worms and cookie chunks in it...

HTH a little...

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 3:11pm
post #4 of 11

Since it's kids we're talking about, I'd make a pastry cream filling ( make it a little loose and carve a nook in the cake so it doesn't slide etc) and die it with americolor electric green . If you want it to look more slimy -barf like, mix in some M& Ms that you bash up.

Then when the birthday boy cuts the cake, it will ooze barfy slie.

danar217 Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 3:19pm
post #5 of 11

Thanks! I never thought I'd make a cake with oozing barfey slime!!

snarkybaker Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 3:54pm
post #6 of 11

when I say carve a nook, I mean this:

You can then pour in the filling and set the next layer ( uncarved) flat on top.

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 7:00pm
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by txkat

when I say carve a nook, I mean this:

You can then pour in the filling and set the next layer ( uncarved) flat on top.

just a thought, if you carve it that deep would the top layer, fall through mashing the bottom layer, im trying to do a sheet cake for halloween with the same effect, i thought about making my BC icing like a glaze and tinting it Green, and then when you slice into it hopfully it will ooze, what do you think??

danar217 Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 7:29pm
post #8 of 11

That's what I was thinking. Maybe doing a b/c icing with some piping gel or making it thinner so it would run a little and tinting it green. But then would it soak into the cake making the bottom too gooey?

snarkybaker Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 7:57pm
post #9 of 11

If you use buttercream ( not powdered sugar frosting) you can put a thin layer in your nook, and it will prevent the filling soaking in.

Boshellbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Boshellbug Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 8:01pm
post #10 of 11

I just made a slime time cake for my son this past weekend and I used equal parts vanilla pudding and coolwhip blended together then tinted it green. You could probably add milk to get a thinner consistency if needed.

Also you might want to check Toys-R-Us, ours sells Harry Potter Candy and for $1.50 they have a pack of 2 life-like large (Palmeto size) Cockroach candies; they have a hard candy shell and a gummy center. I used them for a Survivor Party as part of our food challenge and they worked great!

ribbitfroggie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ribbitfroggie Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 1:43am
post #11 of 11

I have made at least 3 oozing, bleeding, etc. cakes and what works best for me every time is a mixture of cool whip and pudding, colored whatever you needed. Make sure you use a good dam, because as soon as it is cut it oozes all over....

Also I have never had a problem with the cool whip leaking into the cake, but I keep all of my cakes in the fridge until delivery, so maybe that makes a difference?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%