Silver Color/epcot Ball Cake

Decorating By amycc1 Updated 23 Aug 2007 , 9:16pm by womanzano

amycc1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amycc1 Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 12:38pm
post #1 of 3

I'm making an epcot ball cake for my daughter's birthday. it's a greyish silverish color. Can anyone give me any tips for making it look as authentic as possible. I'm a newbie at cake decorating.

2 replies
bakedandiced Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakedandiced Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 5:45pm
post #2 of 3

Do you have the ball pan from Wilton? I would kind of sculpt it, because the Epcot ball isn't exaclty a smooth round surface. Then I would use fondant and cut the tiles and place on the ball and use some silver luster dust to paint it silver. Maybe even do a royal icing run out of Mickey's hand, wand and epcot name and attach it to the side. OR do the ball out of rice krispie treats (which may be easier to sculpt) smash them into either side of the ball pan (lightly grease it first) and then cover with fondant then place it on a round cake. Just some ideas. I hope that I have been helpful. I do not have much experience either. thumbs_up.gif

womanzano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
womanzano Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 9:16pm
post #3 of 3

I had pretty much the same idea for making a disco ball cake...came across this thread looking for one that would give me a hint that the RCT wouldn't droop overnight. I've colored fondant silver/gray and will paint it with Luster Dust, cut them into little squares and stick them to a BC covered ball. I hope it works!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%