Help!!...need Basketball Color...please!!

Decorating By SweetSandee92 Updated 21 Aug 2007 , 7:19pm by SweetSandee92

SweetSandee92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSandee92 Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 5:02pm
post #1 of 7

I am making a b-day cake for a 10 yr old and he wants different sport's balls. My question is.. what colors do you mix to get the color for a basketball?.. or do I just use orange until I get the color desired?

PLEASE HELP icon_cry.gif I JUST CAN'T SEEM TO GET THE ORANGE RIGHT.. and the cake has to be delivered tonight icon_cry.gif !!

6 replies
BakeQueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeQueen Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 6:57pm
post #2 of 7

I tend to color the basket ball brown like the official NBA ball. I mostly airbrush the color on. Sorry, I'm not more help. icon_redface.gif

frstech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frstech Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 7:02pm
post #3 of 7

I would make an orange then add copper color to it if you have it , if not try brown added to the orange . experiment with SMALL AMOUNT FIRST.

dezzib27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dezzib27 Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 7:04pm
post #4 of 7

I used the Terracotta or rust color when I made basketball cupcakes for my son.

elvisb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvisb Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 7:07pm
post #5 of 7

I always use a mix of copper and orange. Try very small amounts until you get it right. Have a real ball or a picture to match it up with. If it's not quite dark enough, just a tidge of brown can go in too.

If it's not perfect, remember that he's only 10--it's not like he'll hold a real basketball up to the cake and tell you it's not quite the same. icon_eek.gif I once did a Cinderella with a horrible face and I was dreading the mom coming to get it. She brought the little girl with her to pick up the cake. icon_surprised.gif The girl gave me hug and was jumping up and down. We tend to be perfectionists at every detail. Kids see the big picture. keep trying--it will look great! icon_wink.gif

sisita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sisita Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 7:09pm
post #6 of 7

I think is Terracota color...

SweetSandee92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSandee92 Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 7:19pm
post #7 of 7

THANKS EVERYONE!! I'll give it a try.. one more time. It's get to know I can come here to get such great advice.. YOU ALL ARE THE BEST!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%