New-Ish Here ._.

Decorating By akierasu Updated 20 Oct 2006 , 2:46pm by GenesisCakes

akierasu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akierasu Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 12:48pm
post #1 of 16

Yes, well. I thought I'd introduce myself, but I wasn't sure as to where I should. My name is Rebecca and I am 15 years old. Last year, I was introduced to the wonderful world of cake decorating. Though I didn't really get into it until a few months ago. It's become my addiction. I now bake constantly in hopes of being able to frost and decorate a cake.

Though I do have troubles. I'm obviously not going to be the most amazing decorator ever. In fact, I have a lot of trouble smoothing the frosting on the cake. ._. I haven't taken any classes yet, though I'm hoping to as soon as I get back from being an outdoor school councilor.

My latest cake was for one of my friend's 18th birthday's. It wasn't over the top- the decorations were simple. Though I did include a marzipan octopus as a decorations...

Anyways, as soon as I get some new cakes done (which will hopefully be soon) I'll try to post them ^.^ Sorry if they aren't as gorgeous as everyone else's- after all, I'm still learning. Everyone starts at some time, I just happened to start now.

15 replies
Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 12:52pm
post #2 of 16

Welcome to CC!! Just think how good you'll be by time you get my are.LOL I think it is great you have something you love to do. Can't wait to see some pics!!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 12:53pm
post #3 of 16

Welcome Rebecca!!!! Don't worry about how your cakes look..we are all learning here!!! Can't wait to see some!!

kris2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kris2005 Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 12:54pm
post #4 of 16

Welcome akierasu,I started decorating in the beginning of the year I'm only 20.I took the wilton classes and I still have problems smoothing my cakes.I've learned some awesome techniques here and I really wish you the best.I posted some of my pics and trust me they are sooooooo far from perfect its not funny.But good luck and happy baking to you....

akierasu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akierasu Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 12:59pm
post #5 of 16

Wow, everyone is so nice here ^.^ Thank you guys for the welcomes.

sweetviolent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetviolent Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 1:05pm
post #6 of 16

welcome ,welcome

it's great to have you here !!!

sprtd76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sprtd76 Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 1:06pm
post #7 of 16

Hi Rebecca,
I am almost 40 and just started cake decorating within the last year. This was my time to escape from my teens and husband. I have found it to be my source of enjoyment. Just practice, don't get discouraged and most of all have fun while you decorate! icon_lol.gif

Best Wishes and Happy Decorating!
Beth

sweet_as_tisse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_as_tisse Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 1:08pm
post #8 of 16

Hi Rebbecca

welcome to CC..

you have found the best place in the world to learn cake decorating..

Can't wait to see some of your pics....

kylie

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 1:09pm
post #9 of 16

Welcome Rebecca,
Don't worry about how your cakes look. We all have to start somewhere. Afterall, I'm sure some of the really great decorators on this site started out with disasters but look at them now.
Look forward to seeing your photos.
Barbara

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 1:09pm
post #10 of 16

Hey, Rebecca! Welcome to the best site on the internet! I've been doing cakes for over 25 years and I'm still learning good tips and ideas from the folks on CC! They are the best! We all look forward to seeing pics of your cakes!

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 1:21pm
post #11 of 16

Welcome to CC!!!! Can't wait to see your pics!

I started when I was in my 20s, I wish I would've started sooner! And I just found this site in April of this year! You'll learn so much!! You'll be a great decorator in no time!!!!

Have fun!!!

jtb94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jtb94 Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 1:24pm
post #12 of 16

Welcome. I look forward to seeing your cakes.

dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 1:31pm
post #13 of 16

Welcome. I'm glad you have found this site. I wish I had found it when I first started decorating. You'll learn sooo much. Good luck!!!!

doleta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doleta Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 1:38pm
post #14 of 16

To only be 15 and already realize you are a creative individual is awesome! thumbs_up.gif
You are an inspiration. Soon you will be amazing all of us with your cakes.
You keep at it girl and don't let anything hold you back.
How refreshing to see a post from a teenager.
Can't wait to see your cakes. icon_lol.gif

missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 2:43pm
post #15 of 16

Welcome!!! Have fun and remember your cakes and smoothing in particular will get better over time--just practice, practice, practice! You will enjoy it here!

GenesisCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenesisCakes Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 2:46pm
post #16 of 16

Hi Rebecca...Welcome to CC. 15 huh....thats great. I wish you well and remember if you ever have a question just post away.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%