Book Review-Opinions Please

Decorating By angelas2babies Updated 20 Oct 2006 , 12:51pm by jtb94

angelas2babies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelas2babies Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 1:35am
post #1 of 8

Does anyone have either of these books or have any opinions on them? I want to order them and would love any feedback. Thank you!

Pretty Party Cakes by Peggy Porschen

Enchanted Cakes for Children by Debbie Brown

Angie

7 replies
Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 1:46am
post #2 of 8

I have Pretty Party Cakes and I like it a lot for inspiration. Haven't tried any of the recipes though.

toristreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toristreats Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 2:29am
post #3 of 8

The library is a great resource. If you are hesitant check to see if your local library has these books. I have checked out the enchanted cake book and I thought it was a pretty good book.

mthiberge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mthiberge Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 7:09am
post #4 of 8

I have the enchanted cakes book and I love it, it's full of great ideas with easy to follow instructions...I don't like the taste of the madeira cake, but it's easy to work with and carve...The gnome home toadstool in mi photos is out of a similar book, and it went fairly well for a first attempt...good instructions

KelCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KelCake Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 7:24am
post #5 of 8

I have the Enchanted Cakes for Children by Debbie Brown and love it. I would recommend any of her books. The instructions and pictures are detailed and helpful.

angelas2babies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelas2babies Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 12:39pm
post #6 of 8

Thank you, everyone. I have not been able to get my hands on the Enchanted book through the library or any of the bookstores, but it looked so good, and I do have another of Debbie Brown's book and have enjoyed it. Plus, I found it on Amazon for such a great price!

Thanks for the replies!
Angie

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 12:42pm
post #7 of 8

If you look for the books on Amazon.com or on Debbie Brown's website you can usually "look through" the book on the site.

Debbie

jtb94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jtb94 Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 12:51pm
post #8 of 8

I have been looking to expand by cake books. I will have to go check out some of the books.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%