Freaked Out...spooky...so Upset

Lounge By wgoat5 Updated 25 Sep 2007 , 4:32am by Brickflor

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 9:23am
post #1 of 38

Ok let me start out by saying this....My dad passed away in Oct of last year from cancer at home with hospice...the last few days were very weird and of course I don't remember much of it because I was so upset about how it ended...My mom and dad lived in a 1890 style victorian house on the river for the last 10 years. (had to say this cause it might play into it)....night before last I stayed with my mom because she has a ruptured disc in her back (72 yrs old) and in a lot of pain...can't bend over etc so I wanted to help her of course....

I was sleeping upstairs in a bedroom that nobody ever wanted to stay in but me SOUNDLY....Something startled me...my name being said in my ear...I sat straight up and looked around and thought nope the kids are in bed...must of been a dream....But...it happened again...AND again...kept waking me up....I finally got up and made coffee at 3:00 am. And sat at the kitchen table till my mom got up...made sure she was fine and came home.....Last night...at home...it happened again..hence the reason I am on the computer at this hour...it sounded just like my father calling my name in my ear....I am so upset....past the crying stage NOW I am more angry...because I haven't ever had a dream of him where he would say a word..he would just look at me and sometimes smile but more than anything never have a smile.... What do you think this is? Do you think he is really calling my name or is this something I need to get checked out??? I am worried about my sanity for one thing...I don't want to tell my mom because she is still very depressed and scared my DH would commit me....this voice startles me but it isn't trying to scare me ...I don't think....tell me someone else has had this experience

Thank you for reading my rant

Christi

37 replies
born2bake4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
born2bake4u Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 9:29am
post #2 of 38

i don't think your crazy. i think they do try to talk to us. i have a friend who sees her mom, not alot. but she isn't the only one. her daughter has seen her too. her moms favorite color was purple and every once in a while they will see a purple light down the hall, or in the living room and its broad daylight.

wgoat5 Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 9:41am
post #3 of 38

I think it's him....I mean I can't be 100 percent sure....We were very close which is really confusing to me why he wouldn't smile in my dreams but then try to contact me..maybe something I have done has upset him in some way... bad thing is ...I am so spooked ...and DH just left for work...now I am kinda scared icon_sad.gif

born2bake4u Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 10:46am
post #4 of 38

well i don't think he is gonna hurt you. maybe he just can't let go yet, that could be. or maybe he needs to tell you something. ask him to smile and lt him know he is spooking you. thats what they do on those ghost shows. its worth a try. let him know you don't want him to leave but if he could smile or wink you would feel a little less uneasy.let him know you miss him too. let me know how it goes, gotta get ready for owrk.

wgoat5 Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 11:23am
post #5 of 38

I promise I know I sound crazy but I am , or I think I am just as sane as anybody else...feeling kinda dumb now lol

No I don't think he would hurt me...
And I am not one to say whether or not I believe in "ghosts" ...I do believe in somebodies spirit sticking around though...but I have never experienced it.

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 12:07pm
post #6 of 38

Christi....I haven't had any experience with the "spirit" thing, however, I did want to tell you that I also lost my mom to cancer. It was 6 years ago. I too dream of her, but same thing, in 6 years, she hasn't spoken in my dreams. I find it weird, not only that she doesn't speak to me, but that I noticed this fact right away. Sending you a ((((HUG)))

wgoat5 Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 12:11pm
post #7 of 38

thank you so Much!!!! Makes me feel better I am not the only one who's parent hasn't "spoken" in their dreams...

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 12:13pm
post #8 of 38

And just like you...my mom and I were very close. We talked all the time. I wish I knew, WHY.

sweetness_221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness_221 Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 1:08pm
post #9 of 38

Ok from my experience in my own home. (Yes I have a ghost in my house) If he wakes you up again tell him "Yes I know you are there, please leave me alone and let me sleep." You have to be up front and tell them to stop whatever it is or they will keep doing it. HTH.

wgoat5 Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 2:05pm
post #10 of 38

I said that at my mom's house...but see it started at my mom's and ended here at my home icon_sad.gif that is the weird thing.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 2:38pm
post #11 of 38

I used to feel my grandfather with me all the time. He never spoke, but I would get a strange, prickly feeling and just know he was there with me. Don't know why it stopped. DH thinks that it was nothing, that I was just missing him, and maybe that is true.

A restaurant that I used to manage was supposedly haunted (built in 1700's) and I never believed the rumors, figured they were a PR stunt, until I heard things moving around in the bridal suite and it was locked and I was alone in the restaurant.

Have you ever read any of Sylvia Browne's books? Maybe that would give you some insight.

Karate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karate Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 4:10pm
post #12 of 38

I also lost my mom about 7 1/2 years ago. I dream of her every now and again. I dont even see her, just know that she is there in the dream, and she never talks to me either.

I do have a reocurring dream where I am alseep and know that I am, but feel/hear someone in the room with me, looking at me (the dream has progressed) now it even touches me. I cant wake up, I cant scream I am just frozen. My DBF has woken me up because I guess I wimper. I used to think it was my great grandmother, now I think it may be both of them. I have had this dream since I was a teenager, and have moved from MN to AZ and it has followed me.......doesnt scare me anymore, and I sure wish my dreams of my mother I could see her!

mkgsweims Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkgsweims Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 7:24pm
post #13 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karate

I do have a reocurring dream where I am alseep and know that I am, but feel/hear someone in the room with me, looking at me (the dream has progressed) now it even touches me. I cant wake up, I cant scream I am just frozen. !

I have had this exact same thing happen to me. I am asleep, but totally aware of the presence of something or someone in the room. It is a terrible feeling because I am completely paralyzed; I can't move any part of my body, I can't speak, and I can't wake up. But I know somebody/thing is there! Even stranger is that I can't open my eyes when this happens, yet I can see something in the room. And the room isn't dark, but illuminated by a glow that moves. During this experience I am trying to wake-up, but I am unable to. The "presences" has yet to have a face or familiarity to me. I don't know how long the "presence" is in the room and I am paralyzed, but when it leaves I am able to wake up. I just lay in bed for a while looking around the room, feeling partly scared and partly surreal.

It is the stangest thing that has ever happend to me and has occured multiple times. This post comes no where close to describing the feeling.

(Now y'all think I am crazy!)

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 7:59pm
post #14 of 38

My husband knew his mother passed away before we even got the phone call. He woke up from a sound sleep and was shivering and sweating. I asked what was wrong and he told me that his mom said good bye. About 1/2 hour later the phone rang and it was his SIL telling us that she had died.

navywifetrat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
navywifetrat Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 9:37pm
post #15 of 38

I had a really good friend who passed away 5 years ago and all of a sudden I have been having dreams about her lately. My dreams are as if she is still alive. I think she is trying to tell me something but I just don't know what. Your father might be trying to tell you something as well. You are not crazy! If so, there are a lot of us who are.

navywifetrat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
navywifetrat Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 9:51pm
post #16 of 38

I had a really good friend who passed away 5 years ago and all of a sudden I have been having dreams about her lately. My dreams are as if she is still alive. I think she is trying to tell me something but I just don't know what. Your father might be trying to tell you something as well. You are not crazy! If so, there are a lot of us who are.

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 9:54pm
post #17 of 38

My grandfather died a few months before my oldest son was born, and I felt really bad because I wasn't allowed to travel to come home when he'd been sick the week before.

I smell his cologne sometimes in the bathroom, and I know it's his because my DH doesn't wear cologne. And one time I walked into the bathroom at night and the light was of in there, and I was carrying a book. The book suddenly flopped open in my hand and I smelled the cologne. Scared the living hell out of me and I ran out there. lol. hasn't happened since, but the cologne smell is there sometimes still.

wgoat5 Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 10:17pm
post #18 of 38

Some more weird things that has happened since dad died....

the back stair way in my mom's house has a window small square type looking out towards the court yard.....my nephew (5 years old ) was stairing out the window watching a train pass and he started laughing hysterically....mom and my sister ran towards him and asked him what was wrong...he kept saying "He won't stop tickling me " over and over....he never would say who the he was...

Another incident...I was visiting my fathers grave who is buried right next to my FIL. My 5 year old is in the car and we are driving away...she starts waving...I ask her who she is waving at...she says "Im waving to papaw and granddaddy" OMG...I said Chelsea papaw and grandaddy are in Heaven.. she said no their not the are right there...I never did see them but I believe she did.

born2bake4u Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 11:13pm
post #19 of 38

kids aren't taught the fear of all of this. they usually don't learn this until they lose a dog or something they are very close to. since they have no fear i think they are able to see this stuff. wish we didn't get all stiff and hard as we got older. the world would be a better place.

Luxe42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luxe42 Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 1:33am
post #20 of 38

I don't think you are crazy. My best friend Sherry had a ghost/spirit in her family's home. Her brother wouldn't even stay in the house from Sept-Nov when the woman would appear each year.

Try to figure out who it is and what they want. You may get some peace.

Good luck icon_smile.gif We are all here for you

Gefion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gefion Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 5:45am
post #21 of 38

If you think you can handle it, you can try to ask him what he wants. Usually when people contact their loved ones this way, they have something to say. My grandma did the same thing, and after speaking with her, she never came back again.

But you are not crazy, not at all. These things happen frequently, but some are never taught how to deal.

dydemus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dydemus Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 10:47pm
post #22 of 38

You know, whenever something happens that we don't understand we assume (or think it could only be) that it is supernatural.Until science later figures out what is going on. I am not saying this isn't supernatural, but here's another possibility. You know how in dreams we can see, hear, and actually FEEL things? Like pain when nothing is happening to us. These are all very palpable. How does our brain do that? So what if our brain could somehow 'trick' us while we were awake too? Especially in times of extreme emotion? It could happen.......

wgoat5 Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 11:35pm
post #23 of 38

Very true...I dont know I just think it is freaky...it hasn't happened anymore so maybe it was just a freak..

dydemus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dydemus Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 12:30am
post #24 of 38

well whatever it is, I hope you feel peace soon. this must be hard.

cykrivera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cykrivera Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 8:44pm
post #25 of 38

Can I tell you how much this post freaked me out! I got home last night around 1am and started reading this post. I too believe that these things are probably real and the kid aspect has always scared me . I imagine my daughter seeing things that I can't see and I want to hide under the covers! Anyway, I was reading this post and the one about the 5yr old nephew and all of a sudden my daughter's door shook and she came out. It scared the crud out of me! then I was scared to ask her why she was awake cause I was just imagining she was going to say she saw something!!! Just thought I'd share my paranoia with you all.

wgoat5 Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 8:54pm
post #26 of 38

Scares me to cykrivera that is why I wanted to see if anybody else has these experiences...I started watching Ghost Hunters for this reason (rather good show if I might add)

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 25 Aug 2007 , 2:36am
post #27 of 38

My mom died a little over 4 years ago. She was young, only 51. I had given birth to my twin boys in Dec and she passed away in Feb. Anyway, about a month after she died, the boys were lying next to each other on a blanket on the floor and they were both crying - loudly!! I was trying to get bottles for both of them, but apparently wasn't going fast enough. All of a sudden they both just stopped crying. I looked in to see why they had suddenly stopped and saw both of them very intently looking up at the ceiling (there wasn't a ceiling fan or anything). One of my sons started to smile and coo and the other started laughing and then they were both laughing. After about a minute it was over and they were just lying quietly until I managed to get the bottles.

To this day, I am convinced that my mother appeared to my boys. Grandma was entertaining them so that I could get bottles without losing my mind from the dual screaming and crying.

I don't blame you for being freaked out!! But, I also think you should ask him if there is something he wants/needs to tell you. Keep us updated. I'm curious to see what, if anything, else happens.

cykrivera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cykrivera Posted 16 Sep 2007 , 3:30am
post #28 of 38

Hi. I was just wondering if there have been anymore episodes?

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 16 Sep 2007 , 6:15am
post #29 of 38

I lost my dad when I was 11. I would see him often in my dreams, and he seemed so real. I was staying at my Grandma's once, a few years later, in his old room, and I swear I HEARD him call my name. It did freak me out. I told my mom about it, and she very firmly told me that my dad loved me and would never, ever try to scare me.

Listen to your gut. Is anything else going on in your life? Maybe he IS trying to tell you something. Or maybe you just really, really miss him.

wgoat5 Posted 16 Sep 2007 , 9:40am
post #30 of 38

There was only one episode and probably had really nothing to do with my dad....But my cousin and I were driving to a birthday dinner (she lost her mom in Feb. of this year) and we were talking about her mom. My DH's scapular (Catholic necklace) and my Rosary are hanging on my rear view mirror, (so we can grab them and go into church fast, we are always late) and neither were swinging and both on secure...both fell off...we never could figure out how they swung so hard to fall off, but it is possible I guess, that was a couple of weeks ago....My cousin and I just looked at each other and laughed....but I know it freaked her out. As far as any other episodes ....mom said she had a dream that dad told her that he needed to add salt to the water softner....she told my DH and he checked it.....it was time to add salt, but that could of been just her conscience telling her it was time, or she could of been thinking about it the day before...but she couldn't remember doing so. I miss my father, like I said we were so very close and every day is very hard for all of us. It just still seems like yesterday that he passed...but here comes Oct. and it will be a year....oh my how time flys.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%