Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate!

Decorating By sarajohnson Updated 20 Oct 2006 , 6:29pm by rshippo

sarajohnson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarajohnson Posted 19 Oct 2006 , 8:59pm
post #1 of 10

This is a dumb question but can you color milk chocolate or can you only paint on it? How and what do you paint on chocolate? And how do you attach one formed chocolate to another formed chocolate-like if you want an all around 3D chocolate shape, like a ball.

THank you!!

9 replies
dolfin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolfin Posted 19 Oct 2006 , 9:08pm
post #2 of 10

good question, I would like to know also, here's a bump

PatricesPieces Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PatricesPieces Posted 19 Oct 2006 , 9:16pm
post #3 of 10

You could use candy melts that are already colored. As for actually coloring milk chocolate...I have never tried. I just use the colored candy melts. What exactly would you be using this for? As for attaching two pieces together...just use melted chocolate the same color as your two pieces and pipe it onto one piece and put them together then let them harden. Make sure to not use too much to glue the pieces together or you will have it oozing out the sides. HTH

rshippo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rshippo Posted 19 Oct 2006 , 9:46pm
post #4 of 10

Another way to attach to pieces of chocolate, say like an easter egg you make 2 halves. Put a flat object like a baking tray over the stove top heat until it is warm then hold each half of the easter egg shell you want to join together on it until the chocolate just melts then stick them together. That way you dont have to add more chocolate to your finished project.
You just have to be careful you don't melt it too much.

sarajohnson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarajohnson Posted 19 Oct 2006 , 9:55pm
post #5 of 10

Does anyone know what you use to paint on chocolate and how do you paint on chocolate?

Thanks everyone for awnsering my other questions!!

rshippo Posted 19 Oct 2006 , 10:39pm
post #6 of 10

Exactly what do you want to paint on the chocolate?? If it is milk chocolate it is brown so colouring it is going to be hard unless you want it to be darked.
White chocolate can be coloured with chocolate colours (oil based) Do not use anyother kind the chocoalte will seize and be unuseable.
As for painting if you want to paint with more chocolate you can just thin it with veg oil/cocoa butter until it is thin enough, this should work have never tried it though.
I have only ever piped chocolate on chocolate or air brushed it.

mendhigurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mendhigurl Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 2:06am
post #7 of 10

you can't color milk chocolate, because like rshippo said, it's hard to get brown any other color. You can paint on it with luster dust/vodka or just dry brush it. It'll take a couple coats, like was mentioned.

luv2grdn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2grdn Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 3:28am
post #8 of 10

oh no...what does "it will seize" mean? I added gel color to the white chocolate that I was making chocolate clay with tonight. I did notice that it got a little solid when I added the corn syrup, but it was fine with just the color and chocolate. I did it with chocolate, gel color and veg. oil last night for something else I was doing and that is all set and fine today. .....a little afraid now of what I'm going to wake up to....

HunBun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HunBun Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 3:52am
post #9 of 10

I learned on a show on Food Network to paint on chocolate (white) with melted cocoa butter colored with powder color.

rshippo Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 6:29pm
post #10 of 10

seize means it will become thick and grainy which generally means you can't pipe with it or smooth it flat. As you added oil it will help with the gel colour, But personally if you want to colour chocolate on a regular bases it may be worth buying the special oil based colours. It just saves you a headache.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%