May Sound Stupid....

Decorating By hoopb2 Updated 20 Aug 2007 , 7:13pm by LucyintheSky

hoopb2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hoopb2 Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 2:33pm
post #1 of 5

I have seen alot of people posting about their cakes they entered into the fair, I was wondering how do you go about entering one in the fair??? all I ever see is the 4h displays and I am too old for that. Thanks in advance.

4 replies
Brickflor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brickflor Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 3:13pm
post #2 of 5

I did a search for our local fair online, they had rules, orders forms, etc all on their webpage. I was able to enter that way but it said you could also write in to them-they had their address listed and an email to contact someone.

q2wheels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
q2wheels Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 6:02pm
post #3 of 5

I did pretty much the same thing Brickflor did....found the website for our county fair and downloaded the entry form and had to mail it in with the fee (all of $1.00)!

Our fair is next week....cake judging a week from tomorrow....nervous here!

Toni Ann

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 6:56pm
post #4 of 5

I don't know where you live but try to find a website or phone number for your state's fair and they will be able to direct you to all the info.

Our fair in Arizona isn't until October but the deadline for entries is in mid September. After you've entered once, they send you the exhibitor's handbook in the mail the next year so that was my reminder to enter again.

KimAZ

LucyintheSky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LucyintheSky Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 7:13pm
post #5 of 5

I've found that some fairs around me (I'm talking county fairs, not state fairs) do not accept adult baking/decorating entries... just 4H. So this may be why you've only seen 4H entries at your fair, they might not have them for adults. I think small counties or small fairs especially do not have the funding or support to do this. Just check with the fair office, they should be able to tell you... And if your county doesn't take adult entries, just search other counties around you, and I'm sure you'll find some that do!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%