Tiramisu Anyone?

Baking By FaithsPlace Updated 30 Aug 2007 , 9:52pm by kjgjam22

FaithsPlace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FaithsPlace Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 9:32pm
post #1 of 10

Hello ladies,

Heeeelllllppppp....I had a customer request this cake and I have never even heard of it, lol icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif , I told him that I did not have any idea how to make it and he emailed me recipes!

Do any of you fine bakers have a Tiramisu recipe?

9 replies
FaithsPlace Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 10:48pm
post #2 of 10

Anyone icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif They want the cake this weekend....I have looked on the internet and the cake looks sooooo yummy...I just want a recipe that someone knows is good...you just never know what you will find on the internet, you know what I mean, I know you ladies are good at what you do!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FaithsPlace Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 11:37pm
post #4 of 10

Thank you, thank you, thank you !!

FaithsPlace Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 11:44pm
post #5 of 10

Do you guys know anything about the cheese that is put in it? It kind of sounds really gross to me , putting a cheese in cake? lol, is it some sort of cream cheese or something, I really have no clue....thanks ladies...I dont know what I would do with out this site!

leilani808 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leilani808 Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 11:55pm
post #6 of 10

The cheese in the tiramisu is actually Italian cream cheese, Mascarpone. My sister has made lady fingers and her recipe is good.

postcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
postcakes Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 11:58pm
post #7 of 10

I hope it is not too late, but I have an excellent recipe for tiramisu if you still need it. I will look for it in the meantime. I LOVE tiramisu,,and this recipe is authentic and delicious!

Chiara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chiara Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 12:03am
post #8 of 10

First off don't worry about the marscapone cheese. It is an Italian cream cheese with a distinctive flavour.
You can buy it in most fine grocery stores or you can actually make it if you get desperate.
Secondly, this is not a cake that you can decorate much since it is similar to that of a truffle. It is a layered product.
It is made with lady fingers, cold strong expresso or strong coffee and soft cheese. It is lighter than air. Unlike the american cheese cake.
It is a poverty dessert of sorts as it would use stale cake, cold coffee and old cheese that you had around the housel.
Now is it a gourmet dessert that has been popular in many countries for about 15 yrs.
Tira means to pull
mi means me
su means from under
so translated the cake means a "little pick me up"

This dessert does use raw eggs in a lot of the recipes. So you must use fresh eggs if you use a recipe that contains them.
Also, do not substitute cream cheese for the Italian marscapone since it completely changes the flavour.
This is a fabulous dessert and you should make yourself a pan too. Wonderful.
Good luck

FaithsPlace Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 2:07pm
post #9 of 10

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me guys.....that really helps. Sounds like this cake is going to be easier to make then most of the other cakes I make....

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 9:52pm
post #10 of 10

i know i am late...i use the recipe out of a book my aunty bought me...it uses no eggs...its really really easy. if you still want the recipe let me know. pm me or post..ill keep checking.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%