Freaking Out A Little Bit Here!!

Decorating By sweetamber Updated 18 Oct 2006 , 3:26pm by StephW

sweetamber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetamber Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 2:53pm
post #1 of 9

EEK! I am leaving for the airport in a couple of hours to go to my friend's wedding. I have 3 bags to check- 1 is a box full of frozen cake layers, one is a huge suitcase with all my decorating supplies (wilton caddy, turntable, cake rings, etc.) and the other is a tiny bag with my clothes icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif . I have the biggest carry-on allowed full of all my gumpaste calla lilies (individually wrapped) and fondant tiles and swirlies for the cake.

I AM SO AFRAID that one of my checked pieces will come up missing icon_cry.gif ! And also worried that at the security checkpoint I will have to unwrap all my callas to show them and have to re-wrap them! Not to mention that the panic of doing my friend's cake that is beginning to set in icon_surprised.gif ! Talk me down- I need you guys! I wouldn't have even had the courage to attempt this without this site icon_smile.gif

Amber

8 replies
sk8gr8md Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sk8gr8md Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 3:00pm
post #2 of 9

What a great friend you are! I'll be sending happy luggage vibes your way. I'm sure everything will work out great. Can't wait to see pics!

Lolafalano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lolafalano Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 3:00pm
post #3 of 9

whoah! first of all. just breathe! don't anticipate any problems just relax and know that IF something does happen, you aren't traveling to the moon. There is bound to be stores to replace supplies. If the cakes get lost, try to hit up a grocery store or bakery for plain layers (won't taste as good but...) if the lilies get damaged, buy some silk ones to replace. But don't worry unless you have to!

I'm sure it will all work out. relax, enjoy your flight and know that you are giving your friend a wonderful gift with your creativity and hard work.

I'll be sending good thoughts your way!

PGray315 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PGray315 Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 3:07pm
post #4 of 9

I certainly can't improve on Lolafalano's advice! But, I can add my good thoughts to hers! Please let us know how things go!

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 3:12pm
post #5 of 9

Just relax. Don't worry about it. Everything will turn out just fine.

sweetamber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetamber Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 3:12pm
post #6 of 9

Thanks so much icon_biggrin.gif Lolafalano, you're completely right, and I shouldn't be so nervous icon_redface.gif . It's so hard to get my body out of panic mode once it hits though- that rush of adrenaline takes a while to filter out of my system! I'll miss you guys while I'm away!

Amber

jtb94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jtb94 Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 3:18pm
post #7 of 9

Good luck icon_biggrin.gif

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 3:20pm
post #8 of 9

Good luck...everything is going to be fine.....can't wait to see pics!

StephW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StephW Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 3:26pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetamber

I'll miss you guys while I'm away!

Amber

What?!?!? You aren't taking us with you??

Just kidding! Take a deep breath and relax. I know you will do a fabulous job!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%