Question/poll About Wedding Servings

Decorating By llj68 Updated 14 Jul 2005 , 2:55pm by peacockplace

llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 14 Jul 2005 , 12:21pm
post #1 of 3

I'm making a cake for 150. When I do my wedding cakes, each tier ends up being 5.5 to 6" tall because I use a full 4" of cake and then torte/fill.

Here's my question.

For servings--given that my cakes are taller than the standard 4 to 5" tall--would you go by Earlene's serving chart or Wilton's?

I'm trying to accomodate this cake--it's round--withOUT having to buy a 16" pan and I don't particularly like the look of cakes that only have 2" difference in the tiers. It is a stacked construction and will have fresh flower sprays (small ones) on each tier.


Lisa icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
alracntna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alracntna Posted 14 Jul 2005 , 2:24pm
post #2 of 3

i would do wilton but then i have not done a wedding cake yet.

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 14 Jul 2005 , 2:55pm
post #3 of 3

Usually I go by wilton. I haven't had a cake shorage yet! Usually there's enought to take some home, but not a tier or more left like I have seen at some weddings.

Quote by @%username% on %date%