Ok Profs To The Front Line How Did They Do This?

Decorating By Ursula40 Updated 21 Oct 2006 , 4:14am by elvisb

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 1:00pm
post #1 of 42

Hi just found a new cake site through a german forum. This cake has me stumped ( oh well a lot of them do, but never mind) How did they pull this one off? While I'm waiting for your answers, I'm busy looking for my chin, it fell off when I opened this page.

http://www.artcake.ru/cakes.htm/b459/

41 replies
mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 1:02pm
post #2 of 42

A lot of dowels!!!!

????

Sorry, that's just a guess, not an answer!

It is amazing, though, isn't it?!?!?!

Anyone know?

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 1:08pm
post #3 of 42

You can build a skeleton in the middle from pvc pipe or copper. Replace some cake with rice krispies or modeling chocolate. you can probably do it all in cake you just need to have the inner structure sturdy.

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 1:11pm
post #4 of 42

Wow! Awesome cakes! I'm not sure how she did it but she did a nice job of it!

Debbie

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 1:11pm
post #5 of 42

Check this link and then click on the pictures, it opens her galleries.

http://www.artcake.ru/cakes.htm

She is an amazing cake decorator...I found her website when I was doing my cocoa paintings.

I think she is Russian, but no matter what she has heard of American Decorators, she has links to Mike's Amazing Cakes ( ace of cakes guy) Colette, and a few others! lol

jtb94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jtb94 Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 1:16pm
post #6 of 42

Amazing cakes.

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 1:17pm
post #7 of 42

Her wedding cakes are BEAUTIFUL!!!

I can't even imagine what some of these cakes would cost!!!!

Ursula40 Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 1:18pm
post #8 of 42

I Know, I'm browsing her site. I would so love to pm her to tell her how amazing I think she is, but I don't know how or whether she would understand me at all. Still looking for my chin by the way.

tatetart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatetart Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 1:19pm
post #9 of 42

WOW Ursula!

That is the coolest cake I think I have ever seen!

Thanks for sharing it.

Jacque icon_biggrin.gif

auntsushi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntsushi Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 1:19pm
post #10 of 42

Wow, awesome cake !!! I'm not too terribly experienced yet, but I would imagine you'd have to make that center part of the sewing machine out of something lighter than cake so it wouldn't cave.

Would love to know how this is done if anyone here has done something like this (and SURELY one of you pro's have done it !!!)

Suz

Tuggy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tuggy Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 1:21pm
post #11 of 42

Maybe the machine is without cake and just gumpaste???? As a cake is below it, it is just a decoration, so only fondant/gumpaste with dowls inside could work....

Her cakes are amazing and due to the german forum, I learned that lots of russians do fantasic cake decorations.

Ursula40 Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 1:27pm
post #12 of 42

Yes but wouldn't even gumpaste that size be extremely heavy? Rice crispy, don't know whether they have that there. Been checking out the other cakes as well, there are a couple, where I wouldn't even know where to start! Just wildly pressing the butoons on my computer and starting to feel like a complete cake decorating novice. My husband is starting to try building me up. Syas I've been improving soo much, in a couple of months... I'm goin yeah right

RisqueBusiness Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 1:31pm
post #13 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursula40

I Know, I'm browsing her site. I would so love to pm her to tell her how amazing I think she is, but I don't know how or whether she would understand me at all. Still looking for my chin by the way.

I'm sure that she would love to hear that she has a fan base in USA and in CAKE CENTRAL particularly....

[email protected]

That is her email, and I'm sure that if she can't read/understand your email...she will find someone to translate it for her...most Europeans study English as a second language..

Who knows...It couldn't hurt to tell her how beautiful her cakes are!! Compliments and KUDOS are always appreciated...no matter WHAT language they come in..lol

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 1:32pm
post #14 of 42

It most likely has central skeleton. Imagine the shape of the sewing machine made from pvc pipe. Just like on Cartoon Cakes for Popeye they used internal structure.

Tuggy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tuggy Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 1:34pm
post #15 of 42

Would be easier after knowing what kind of cake she uses. If the base is similar to rich fruit cake, there should be no problem with the weight. Maybe you should ask some of the members at the german forum, if they would be willing to contact her icon_wink.gif

Uschi: your cakes have improved so much since I know you - no reason to feel like a novice Image

licia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
licia Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 1:41pm
post #16 of 42

Wow, I am amazed

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 1:57pm
post #17 of 42

Wow. icon_eek.gif She's good.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 2:08pm
post #18 of 42

I'm wondering if only part of it is actual cake and part is styrofoam or something!! Then you definitely wouldn't have a weight issue.

Ursula40 Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 2:46pm
post #19 of 42

@ Tuggy,
well with all the help and inspiration both here and in Germany, would be diappointing if I didn't. Even my husband has noticed. So thanks everyone, but I think I will try and email the person of that website. Thanks risquebusiness for the contact

RisqueBusiness Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 2:53pm
post #20 of 42

[quote="Ursula40 Thanks risquebusiness for the contact[/quote]

That's what we're here for!! lol

HUGS..

Let everyone know if she writes back!! icon_biggrin.gif

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 3:03pm
post #21 of 42

I just sent an e-mail to her([email protected]) We'll see if she's able to respond. No harm is trying and she'd be a wonderful addition to the CakeCentral family.

AuntEm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntEm Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 3:40pm
post #22 of 42

I love the snow man cake in her christmas galleries. He has such a cute expression.
I like almost all her cakes (Which is unusal for me usualy I dont like fondant cakes that much. I'm more of a buttercream gal icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif )

CrystalsCakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CrystalsCakes5 Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 3:44pm
post #23 of 42

How can you google cake sites in other countries?

Thanks

formerbuckeye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
formerbuckeye Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 4:08pm
post #24 of 42

OMG!! icon_eek.gif She is totally amazing. What a talented woman and she doesn't look like she's very old. She must have been born with an incredible artistic talent. Just when I think I'm improving, I see someone like this! I'm so jealous! icon_cry.gif

heather2780 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heather2780 Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 4:51pm
post #25 of 42

I cannot believe this womens work i am in awe i have never seen anything like what i just saw looking through her pics I can usually look at a cake and think i could duplicate it if i wanted to for the most part but im looking at this womens cakes and i cant even phatom how she did some of those things she must charge a fortune she really need to write a book or have her own tv show or something i would love to learn from her.

Ursula40 Posted 19 Oct 2006 , 11:35pm
post #26 of 42

Well i emailed her and SHE ANSWERED! Just a short note, but still, I was very pleased. She from St. Petersburg, Russia. Just wanted to let u guys know, and yes i'm still trying to figure out out she made some of the cakes.

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 12:09am
post #27 of 42

Wow, I have no clue how she did that but it's amazing!
Thanks for posting the pic, and I always live getting a list of new links! Some I have and some I don't, but Do now!

bethbyington Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethbyington Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 12:22am
post #28 of 42

those cakes are fantastic! My head spins thinking about how many hours one of those cakes would take to make.

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 2:17am
post #29 of 42

My jaw dropped when I saw this...becasue it's so beautiful and because this was my idea for my next cake!!! (I'm not saying she took my idea) what a coincidence!!!! Her work is probably of the best I have ever seen. I love seeing such neat, precise detailing.

Mike's Amazing....look out!!

mypugross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mypugross Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 2:52am
post #30 of 42

beautiful german cakes...don't know how they do them, but i do know a friend of mine had a lady flown in to do her wedding cake. the thing was $5,000!!! plus her travel expenses. it was hands down the best cake i've ever seen. i wish i had a pic, but this was 11 yrs ago.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%