Please Help!!! Long Story Also

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 18 Oct 2006 , 7:31pm by wgoat5

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 11:02am
post #1 of 10

Listen I need some help with a very special cake...I just decided I would do this and I don't think I can just dream this up by myself...here's the story first...My father a retired (only because he is terminally ill) riverboat captain has just learned the company he worked for for nearly 50 years is naming a boat after him. This is very special..and a great honor...I want to do a tugboat cake for him before something happens to him( hospice is with us now). I want to do a 3-D tugboat at that..I am fairly new to this decorating thing...and even newer to the cake stacking and carving...and NO experience with fondant or sugar craft...is someone willing to help me, take me under their wing to help me??? Please! Time is running out for my father...just want to do this for him...and myself. TIA!!!

9 replies
knoxcop1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knoxcop1 Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 11:11am
post #2 of 10

When is your cake due, Goat?

--Knox--

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 11:21am
post #3 of 10

Can you get a copy of Debbie Brown's book 50 Easy Party Cakes?
It has a cute boat in it.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 11:24am
post #4 of 10

I know there are several boats in the gallery, maybe if you find one close to what you think you want, the person who did that would be able to help you with yours.

Do a search for boats, ships (I know there are several pirate ships) and see what is there. Also you might try a Google search for tugboats, either tugboat cake, or just get a good photo to go by.

So sorry for the illness of your father, wish I could help more with your cake. Janice

wgoat5 Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 11:26am
post #5 of 10

Well it doesn't have a date on it...I thought I would plan it out and from start to finish hope it will be done by Weds. I won't be able to go to the service which will be in Cincinnati Ohio....But I want to have this cake for him when they arrive home...

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RRufus83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RRufus83 Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 11:43am
post #7 of 10

I actually have the book they are speaking of and would be willing to scan it and the directions for you if you can't find another to do. Just let me know! Hang in there - its a tough battle for your whole family and I think this is a marvelous way to acknowledge his life.

jtb94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jtb94 Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 12:07pm
post #8 of 10

good luck on the cake. Sorry to hear about your dad.

meghanb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meghanb Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 2:21pm
post #9 of 10

I have the book as well, if there is any reason RRufas can't get you the pages, let me know.
I look forward to seeing the cake. icon_smile.gif

wgoat5 Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 7:31pm
post #10 of 10

Thanks so much !!! I am actually going to get my supplies by the weekend...can't get away because sitting with my father...I think by the time I get the cake done it will probably feed about 100 lol....I really don't care there will be about 20 people there but I thought if he could see his boat he would be very happy....If I can find a pic of the boat they named after him ...and see if I could post it to see if any of you have any ideas on which sizes of cakes I need to make. Do you think this would help?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%