In Need Of Ideas For Lizard Cake! Help!

Decorating By cakediva2004 Updated 27 Jan 2005 , 8:36pm by cakediva2004

cakediva2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakediva2004 Posted 26 Jan 2005 , 5:58pm
post #1 of 6

Hello to all!
I have been asked to do a cake for a 10 year old boy. His request is a lizard cake. However he would like the lizard to be skateboarding. If anyone could offer any suggestions, they would be very well appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
Kimberly

5 replies
heracastle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heracastle Posted 26 Jan 2005 , 6:52pm
post #2 of 6

What about a transfer? Just a thought. Good luck.

Michelle

sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 26 Jan 2005 , 7:04pm
post #3 of 6

An idea that comes to mind right now: bake two sheet cakes; cut one into skatebaord and sculpt the other into a lizard; put lizard on top of the skateboard and decorate; put both onto a cake board a bit larger that is decorated to look like the road or sidewalk, etc.

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 26 Jan 2005 , 7:51pm
post #4 of 6

heracastle I agree, I made a skateboard cake the other day and If I had more time icon_cry.gif (made it from an already made round cake, boy my mind was jumping that day) I would have TRIED to make it similar to one I seen here on this site and would have added a transfer..I think I'm in love!! Transfers are going to be a big thing for me, well until I learn how to mold that darn pink panties and bra icon_confused.gif
I'm working on Tinkerbell transfer right now, so far so good!!!!
Hey how about those finger skateboards you can get at any toy store..
Placing them around the Lizard Transfer..just a thought!

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 26 Jan 2005 , 8:15pm
post #5 of 6

How about a skateboard cake with an icecream cone lizzard "riding" it? (can you tell the icecream cone figures are new to me?!) I haven't posted my icecream cone figure yet but if you go to the Winbeckler website you can check out their book on icecream cone figures. Otherwise, cut the cake to look like a lizzard and decorate the cake board to look like a skateboard. Good Luck!

Debbie

cakediva2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakediva2004 Posted 27 Jan 2005 , 8:36pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks guys for all the help!!!!!
Kim

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%