This Week: 4 Cakes, 50 Cupcakes, 3 Bookie Baskets...

Decorating By brea1026 Updated 19 Aug 2007 , 8:31pm by brea1026

brea1026 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brea1026 Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 5:57pm
post #1 of 21

So... This has been my busiest cake week ever!!! While I appreciate that people are asking me to make things for them, I really need to learn to say no sometimes. So here was my week: (keep in mind that I have 2 toddlers, and teach preschool m-f mornings)

Tuesday- sheet cake and 50 cupcakes for my MIL

Wednesday- Help friend make her first cookie basket for Christian singer Jeremy Riddle who is playing at church this weekend

Friday- Preschool having fundraiser dinner: 1 princess/dragon castle cake, and 3 cookie baskets.

Saturday- Optimus Prime/Transformers cake w/ giant OP fondant figurine, 20 Autobot cookies, small buttercream cake.

It has been crazy! The Transformers cake just got picked up and I am really hoping that his arms don't fall off! It ended up about 3x's the size I had originally planned on, next time I will use RKT intead of all fondant! And the Transformers cookies took me FOREVER!!! Seriously, about 10 mins per cookie!!! I think if anyone ever asks for those again I am going to cry. haha

Anyways, thanks for looking. Sorry, I forgot to take pics of the cookies baskets. I hope I learned my lesson- Don't bite off more than I can chew!!! haha... now it's time for a nap!
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

20 replies
Bonnie151 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bonnie151 Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 6:02pm
post #2 of 21

They're fantastic! I especially like the castle & dragon, however I'd better not show the Transformers photo to my son or he'll be begging for one!

sewlora Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewlora Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 6:07pm
post #3 of 21

It's all very lovely!

Everything looks very professional. I hope it was all enjoyed and all eaten up! thumbs_up.gif

jen9936 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen9936 Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 6:07pm
post #4 of 21

Wow, great job!!!! Sounds like you need a nap!!!!!

okieinalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okieinalaska Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 7:25pm
post #5 of 21

Adorable!

BakeNShake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeNShake Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 7:39pm
post #6 of 21

You did a great job on everything!! Congrats and now go take that nap. icon_smile.gif

cwcopeland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cwcopeland Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 8:38pm
post #7 of 21

They are beautiful. I love the dragon!

Great job!

frog80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frog80 Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 11:25pm
post #8 of 21

Whew!! You deserve a quiet evening with a really BIG margarita!!! thumbs_up.gif Great job on all of the cakes. My fav is the dragon/princess cake. BTW, don't feel bad, I too have a hard time saying "no"!!! My busiest week was 6 cakes within 2 days of each other and 1 was donated to the local Red Cross Chapter for a fund raiser and had to feed 250 people!!! With my 2 boys (1 & 6) it was CRAZY!!! icon_eek.gif So I totally get you!!

iheartbirthdaycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iheartbirthdaycake Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 12:44am
post #9 of 21

Wow, I love the dragon/princess cake! It is adorable. The transformer cake is way cool too!

brea1026 Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 4:12am
post #10 of 21

Thanks so much everyone. It is 9pm and I am finally back home. I felt so bad for neglecting my kids all week that we took them to the mall, bought little toys each, and then took them swimming at my parents house.

Frog80- I took your advice, and though I didn't have any margarita mix, I am having a wonderful watermelon martini now. MMMMM- Delish!

jules06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules06 Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 4:13am
post #11 of 21

icon_eek.gif WOW !! I love your transformer !!! Fantastic work - how tall is it ??

( I'm hiding that photo from my boys,don't think I could do that icon_lol.gif )

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 4:24am
post #12 of 21

You did a grand job. You are brave, I have 3 kiddies and I dont work, I dont think I could do this if I worked even 1/2 time.

Good Luck

jarjam1026 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jarjam1026 Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 4:26am
post #13 of 21

You did an amazing job. what did u make the transformer out of

JoJoMick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoJoMick Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 4:26am
post #14 of 21

Awesome work - - - I showed the Transformer cake to my 19yr old son; he thought the cake and cookies were very well done and COOL! Now relax and enjoy your evening!!!!

giggysmack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giggysmack Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 4:27am
post #15 of 21

Wow that is lots of work!! I really like your princess dragon cake but I would love any instruction or tips you have to make your transformer cake.

nicksmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicksmom Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 4:30am
post #16 of 21

Oh my goodness,those cakes are flawless thumbs_up.gif You must be drained,I would SOOOOOOO be overwhelmed.What is the transformer made out of and what is the round cakes for the transformer,covered in? BC or fondant? Is that silver or grey,dumb question but I really can't tell icon_surprised.gif I sure hope you've had some R&R!!!!!!!!

nicksmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicksmom Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 4:30am
post #17 of 21

Oh my goodness,those cakes are flawless thumbs_up.gif You must be drained,I would SOOOOOOO be overwhelmed.What is the transformer made out of and what is the round cakes for the transformer,covered in? BC or fondant? Is that silver or grey,dumb question but I really can't tell icon_surprised.gif I sure hope you've had some R&R!!!!!!!!

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 2:01pm
post #18 of 21

If you can share the instructions for the transformer cake I know my boys would love it.

Let us know

Good Luck.

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 6:55pm
post #19 of 21

wow! icon_eek.gif LOVE the transformers cake especially icon_biggrin.gif My sons would love it! How'd you do the figure??

I had an equally draining week last week so I understand. I had 5 cake orders between friday and sunday, two of which were 2 tiered cakes, plus I had to do the farmers markets on Tuesday and Saturday and I work on Wednesdays. It was all very exhausting and I don't know if I should accept that many orders in one weekend during farmers market season again or not. Course, to top it off, my dad's best friend's birthday was Saturday, last minute invite so I had to stop by for a couple hours and make a presence. I was kinda glad they didn't get their cake from me icon_razz.gif His wife said she was going to ask me to do the cake but didn't want to order so late. whew! lol Anyway, that week is behind me now! I got pics of 4 out of 5 of them, the last ones besides the wedding cake that I did yesterday.

kathik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathik Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 7:10pm
post #20 of 21

Wow!! These are so nicely done! I hope to be able to accomplish this much someday, and this IS my full time job!

Kathi

brea1026 Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 8:31pm
post #21 of 21

Thanks again everyone for the great responses! I know that I am definately my worst critic. It is just hard when cakes don't turn out exactly as planned. Anyways-

The OP figure was about a foot tall and all made from fondant. I went to toys-r-us and got a little 2" figurine to base my design from. I am a very visual person, so it helps me to have either a picture or a figure to base my 3-d designs from. I worked on it on and off all week. I should have used rice krispy treats though, instead of huge lumps of fondant. I think it would have been more stable though. I still haven't heard from anyone at the party to see if he made it though. (still crossing my fingers)

For the cake, they are 8" and 6". I covered them with chocolate buttercream dream (which is along with the reg, bc dream, is my family's new favorite!!! I think it is even better than Duff's!)

Then I covered them with MMF, airbrushed them grey, then used silver luster dust mixed with almond extract and sprayed that on to give it that metallic look. I really love my airbrush! It makes things so easy!

If y'all have any other questions just let me know! Thanks again for the support! Now back to cleaning up my house... my house seriously paid the price for my distraction this week!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%