Woman's Day Top 68 Cakes

Decorating By fabbo Updated 7 Sep 2007 , 4:17pm by nicoles-a-tryin

fabbo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabbo Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 4:02pm
post #1 of 34

I'm soooooo happy. icon_biggrin.gif I just looked back and saw my princess monkey cake was one of the top 68 cakes, it's #36. There were over 600 cakes entered. I saw quite a few familiar fellow CCer's cakes there too. It says they'll post the winner soon. icon_smile.gif Jen

33 replies
mommabuda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommabuda Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 4:08pm
post #2 of 34

Awww, I didn't even make it... I wish I would've seen that sooner! I entered on the last day! Good luck, hope you win!

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 4:53pm
post #3 of 34

Congratulations! Is there a link to the cakes? I'd love to see these (I went to the magazine's website but nothing stood out as a cake contest).

fabbo Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 5:23pm
post #4 of 34

I don't know yet how to get the link here.(still learning) If you look under the food topic then silly cakes it should take you to the top 68 submitted cakes.

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 5:49pm
post #5 of 34
springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 5:55pm
post #6 of 34

Well I am not sure they are the top 68 cakes, I think they may just be some of the editors favorites. I am only saying that because one of my cakes showed up there (number 47 I think, the magic bunny). Anyway I think I only had like 2 votes on it. I was disapointed in the voting procedure because a couple of cakes had around 700 votes and most of the others only have a handful. Something doesnt add up to me. Red flags flying everywhere. I really don't care if I win, but it would be nice if the most deserving decorator did. So maybe they decided to pick the winner themselves, I don't know?!?!

editied to say: Didn't want to imply that your cake wasnt worthy of the top 68! LOL! In fact it is darling, it was right on the front page of the album when I looked. I went to look at my entry to see how many votes I had and it was 3! So I definitly dont think I have enough votes to be in the top 68, but I was happy to see it was one of their favorites.

MrsAB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsAB Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 6:58pm
post #7 of 34

Congratulations to all who entered and have their cakes showcased That's awesome!

Merissa, don't get too discouraged just yet as these are not the Top 68. They are only some of the editors favorites as you stated and by this message which is on the front:

You Made It!
Our favorite reader-submitted silly cakes

We asked, and you blew us away with your cake entries in our first-ever reader photo contest! We received nearly 600 fun, creative entries, and decided to show off a few of our favorites. Check back soon for the announcement of the contest winner.

springlakecake Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 7:02pm
post #8 of 34

Oh I don't care really about winning. I just though something was off about the voting.

idoweddingcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idoweddingcookies Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 7:28pm
post #9 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsAB

Congratulations to all who entered and have their cakes showcased That's awesome!

Merissa, don't get too discouraged just yet as these are not the Top 68. They are only some of the editors favorites as you stated and by this message which is on the front:

You Made It!
Our favorite reader-submitted silly cakes

We asked, and you blew us away with your cake entries in our first-ever reader photo contest! We received nearly 600 fun, creative entries, and decided to show off a few of our favorites. Check back soon for the announcement of the contest winner.

Were Canadian's allowed to enter this??

peeps311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peeps311 Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 7:35pm
post #10 of 34

Congrats to all of you who entered!!! The cakes look amazing! I did see quite a few that I know I have seen here on CC. Keep up the good work!

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 7:42pm
post #11 of 34

Congrats, your cake is really cute.

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 7:49pm
post #12 of 34

Yes Merissa, saw your bunny....imagine only getting 2 votes, while you mentioned one of the other cakes getting 700. I saw that cake and couldn't believe it. I am thinking a whole town must have voted on it and it wasn't a very special design nor that well executed. Especially when fantastic cakes like yours, the gumball machine, the paint bucket and the pile of banana's with the monkey from CC and all were sorely neglected.

Well I didn't see that cake on the top 68 like yours.......so maybe they are correcting the problem...... icon_rolleyes.gif

springlakecake Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 8:15pm
post #13 of 34

I would just think the voting would be more evenly spread. Well anyway, it would be great if a cc'er won! Routing for everyone here!

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 11:47am
post #14 of 34

Hey Merissa- You deserve to be there and even win, but I am with you about the voting. I should have laid on the computer all day voting for myself! LOL!!!

One of my cakes made the cut too- shortly after your bunny...mine is like #48 (disco ball). I (and my family) are just excited that I got "featured" out of the over 600 entries as I have never entered any kind of competition for cakes (unless you count my castle here on CC).

Oh, and I think the front page says that the ones chosen were just the ones that the editor liked (or something along that line). It would be really cool to be selected to have your cake in the magazine as an editor's pick wouldn't it?

Fingers crossed for ya!!!

-Michelle

SugarBakers05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakers05 Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 7:57pm
post #15 of 34

I don't know who did the Spongebob cake with Patrick sitting on top of him, but that pic is making the rounds in my office! Maybe my mind is a little naughty today, icon_redface.gif but it sure looks, well look for yourself. Its # icon_rolleyes.gif

SugarBakers05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakers05 Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 8:01pm
post #16 of 34

That should say # 11, (I don't know what happened to my numbers)

AmandaPanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaPanda Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 6:30am
post #17 of 34

I completely missed this post but I was informed that my cake made the top 68 as well!! MY cake is #27 on ths list! I was super excited to hear about that!

springlakecake Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 12:26pm
post #18 of 34

Well they say the winner is the walmart bag.

tiptop57 Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 1:12pm
post #19 of 34

Merissa - could you post the link?

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 1:23pm
post #20 of 34
GRAMMASUE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GRAMMASUE Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 1:36pm
post #21 of 34

Thanks for posting this! I had completely forgotten about entering and was pleasantly surprised to see my paint can cake there! There were so many really cute cakes! Congratulations to everyone!

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 2:52pm
post #22 of 34

wow, congrats to those who made it into the magazine! I did recognize several cakes on there from CC icon_biggrin.gif I wish I'd have known about this...I'd have come up with something to enter...

fabbo Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 3:45pm
post #23 of 34

Maybe if they do this again next year they'll be more careful about the voting. Congrats everyone who had a cake!

luelue1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luelue1971 Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 9:34pm
post #24 of 34

Wow. All of your cakes are amazing. I'm just starting cake decorating and these all just blow me away.

Amanda- I just saw where you are from. I live in Alexandria. Do you have a business in M'boro or just do the cakes from your home?

AmandaPanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaPanda Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 9:46pm
post #25 of 34

I bake from home, it is a "small business" right now as I don't have the money to remodel and get liscenced but that is one of my future goals is to open up somesortof specialty shop.

tiptop57 Posted 7 Sep 2007 , 2:15pm
post #26 of 34

Does anyone know if the winner is a CC member?

tiptop57 Posted 7 Sep 2007 , 2:16pm
post #27 of 34

deleted computer glitch

tiptop57 Posted 7 Sep 2007 , 2:16pm
post #28 of 34

deleted my computer went nuts

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 7 Sep 2007 , 2:42pm
post #29 of 34

I wanted to know the same thing so I searched in the galleries and found it. So the answer is yes...

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=918783

reesesob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reesesob Posted 7 Sep 2007 , 3:16pm
post #30 of 34

WOOHOO!!! I made it too!!! icon_lol.gif

(doing a little happy dance!)

I am SOOOOOOO excited, even if I didn't win, I feel all giddy inside. icon_wink.gif

Congrats to the winner, and everyone else on here!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%