Filling And Frosting Suggestions Needed!!! :)

Decorating By cakesbyamym Updated 16 Oct 2006 , 10:04pm by Melvira

cakesbyamym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyamym Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 9:50pm
post #1 of 2

I am taking my vanilla caramel cake with peanut butter chips for a sample at two local businesses tomorrow. I make a peanut butter cream cheese that I usually use as a filling, but am open to other suggestions. What about the frosting? With this flavor, I have gone with a peanut butter butter cream; chocolate butter cream or a vanilla butter cream. What would you all recommend as other options? As with all of my work, I want to impress potential clients, but with one being a doctor's practice with 35 employees/potential clients, I want to *dazzle*. LOL.

Thanks in advance!
Amy

1 reply
Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 10:04pm
post #2 of 2

Well, with vanilla caramel cake and peanut butter chips already in it, you should stick to something quite plain for the filling/frosting. I would just go with a vanilla buttercream. If you get too many flavors in there it may seem as though you are trying to confuse, not dazzle! Let the delicious taste of the cake shine through and if you have a favorite filling and frosting combo that knock socks off... pair them with a more plain cake to let them sparkle, too! Good luck, I know you'll have them drooling in the aisles!! icon_lol.gif

Edited to add: God bless you on your weight loss battle! I just saw that. Congratulations on all the progress you made. I lost over 100 pounds, then had a baby... now I have a bunch more weight to lose (AGAIN!!) It's ok... I lost the weight so I COULD have a baby and he is worth it every second of every day!! KEEP UP THE AMAZING WEIGHT LOSS!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%